Gaining weight with excerice.

Options
Why do i gain weight in the week?The only difference is,i am excercising during the week and not on weekends.I eat between 800-900 cal per day.On weekdays i do bicycle for 200cal and do only 6 minutes of mild streching.Then i try to walk between 100-150cal a day.

Is it because of the excersice???????

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Wait for it......

You're not eating nearly enough, you need much more than that. The body needs more than that to stay alive.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Water retention. Also, you should eat more. You are not eating enough to sustain your organs. Your brain alone needs 400 calories a day.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Wait for it......

You're not eating nearly enough, you need much more than that. The body needs more than that to stay alive.

I agree
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Who's that trip trapping over myyyyy bridge.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    If you're eating at a caloric deficit you will not gain fat and at your current activity level I doubt it's exercise related water retention (1 g of glycogen bonds with 3 g of water when stored in muscle tissue for future use).

Perhaps your sodium consumption is too high? Or just normal fluctuations related to hormonal changes?

But I agree with the others, 800 to 900 cal per day is too low.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    EAT FOOD
  • nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    i don't think my sodium is too much.MFP says i must get 2500 and there are a lot left.I am not a very big person.That is why i made my cal intake so much.I am only 1.52 m tall.I am 42 years of age.How much do you suggest must i eat?
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

LOL
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Use the calculators listed under 'tools' to help work out your BMR and make sure you eat above this. Do your research, there's plenty good advice on the forums under the 'must reads' to help you. Your body needs a minimum amount of calories to function and you want to set your goals somewhere between your BMR and TDEE for healthy sustainable weight loss.
    Good luck
    X
  • nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    thank you for the advice.i will do some investigating.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options

"I'm the grumpy old troll who lives under the bridge. I"m the grumpy old troll who lives under the bridge." ~Grumpy Troll (from Dora)