HRM reviews

Options
I want to get an HRM watch WITHOUT a chest strap. I want one with calories burned. I don't care about GPS.
Who uses one?
What is it?
Do you like it?
Would you recommend it?

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you don't want the chest strap? With the finger/thumb sensor models you only check your heart rate periodically (ie when you touch the sensor) and they tend to be far less accurate in terms of calories burned than one with a chest strap (which constantly monitors your heart rate during your workout).
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you don't want the chest strap? With the finger/thumb sensor models you only check your heart rate periodically (ie when you touch the sensor) and they tend to be far less accurate in terms of calories burned than one with a chest strap (which constantly monitors your heart rate during your workout).

Yeah, I know how they work....I just don't like the chest straps. I have one with my treadmill.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

^^^
    This. If you don't want t chest strap you might just as well save the money and take your pulse periodically. The new Polar chest strap is very light and flexible. It's no more annoying than wearing a sports bra.