Low Cal Party food

Options
ShellB8585
ShellB8585 Posts: 42 Member
I am hosting a New Years eve party this year an a lot of us are dieting, I am looking for inspiration for yummy low cal party / finger foods I can add to my buffet.

Thanks in advance for any ideas :)

Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    turkey meatballs, hummus and veggies, brushetta, laughing cow appetizers (a bunch of different recipes online for those)
  • clarkeje1
    Options
    Sushi would be good too just be careful about what you put on it (no fried rolls, no spicy mayo stick with wasabi or sriracha instead, low sodium soy sauce)
  • clarkeje1
    Options
    and if yall will be drinking i would stick to shots and wine if possible. beer and mixed drinks have so many calories/carbs/sugar!
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Low-cal jalepeno poppers:
    (This is a recipe in progress)
    roast or grill jalepenos cut in half longways, then "stuff" with mixture of fat free cream cheese and shredded sharp cheddar, with a little hot sauce. Broil (not too close) until the cheese puffs up and browns a little. Tasty!
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Toasted pita chips or veggie sticks and hummus (roasted red pepper, olive, lemon pepper...).

Homemade spinach and artichoke dip.

Devilled eggs - ok, no low cal. No low carb and low sodium, and fill you up. And yum.

Toothpicks with mint leaf, olive, cucumber cube and feta cube (marinated in fennel seed, orange zest, orange juice)

NUTS

Olives

Mini bruschetta with chopped tomatoes, feta and olives.

Vietnamese spring rolls (not fried) filled with veggies, shrimp and a satay sauce to serve
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    As already suggested lots of veggies and low cal dips.
    Make your own oven baked vegetable crisps, I have also seen on internet a recipe for baked, spiced chick peas.
    Another good one is to make very thin pizza bases and then top with a little tomato and veggies and very little or no cheese...
    Smoked Salmon and Prawns are also good!!
    Have a great time.
    Jules xx
  • Grognit
    Options
    Last year I went to Skinnytaste and just used a ton of her recipes. They were incredibly good. Her jalepeno popper dip is to die for!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I find a lot of great things at kraftrecipes.com

I love the baked crab ragoons.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am making these tomorrow for a friend's party
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/show/2298
  • ShellB8585
    ShellB8585 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! some great and easy ideas here that even our picky non dieters might enjoy :)
  • lindsiswatchingyou
    lindsiswatchingyou Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i can't wait to try the jalapeno poppers...i have some laughing cow lite swiss cheese that would be great in these.