It's been 10 months now

Options
Today is Thanksgiving, and I am truely thankful for this site. 10 months ago I was talking with a friend about trying to find a reduced calorie plan to help me and my wife lose weight. He suggested that I check out MFP. Since then, I've logged in every day. Tomorrow will be 10 months exactly, and it has been the best thing I've ever done for myself. I know that I would not have been successful if it had not been for MFP, but I also do not believe that MFP is the reason that I lost the weight. You have to be willing to do the work, this is just a tool. I see so many people whining and moaning that they're not getting anywhere, but I also see that they are not consistant with logging in, or their diaries look like they're eating junk. I don't eat clean, I still go out, I still drink beer and alcohol once in a while, but because I track it all (to the best of my recolection sometimes). I know how to undo what I just did. I'm not going to post new pictures today, and you can see what I have so far. I'll post new pics in two months when I hit a year on. When I started this, I weighed at least 320, today I weighed 209.8. The last time I saw that weight on the scale was the morning I turned 16. I weighed in at 210 that day, and used that on my liscense for years. I finally gave that up a few years ago and changed the weight on my liscense to 250, just couldn't bring myself to tell the truth. I get to renew in February, and I can't wait to update the weight again.
I mentioned my wife earlier, she's lost 88 lbs so far, and I couldn't be more proud of her.
Thank you MFP and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Replies

• vawahoofan
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. Glad to see your will power and success. I hope to log in 10 months straight too. Only been on for a little over a week.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Wow that is so great! Congrats to you and your wife!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Awesome..I can't wait to weigh what is on my license!!
  • Bigfla
    Bigfla Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    HI Kevin,

Thanks for your post. Good to see feedback from our side of the gender divide.

I agree with you 110%. I started with MFP on 1 Jan 2012 and had instant success by simply following what MFP "told" me to do having loaded my goals. After a trip back to the UK in March I got real picky about using MFP every day so today is 240 days in a row!

Result, like you I haven't seen numbers like this on the scale since I was a teenager 50+/- years ago. I started at 114kg (251lb), now I'm 85.5kg (188lb). My wife started at the same time and she's lost 10 kg ish but she's been hampered a bit by a lousy back and back surgery a cuppla months ago.

As you say MFP is the measuring tool, that's all - but with metabolisms like ours we need good measures to stay in control. MFP is brilliant for that reason alone in my opinion, because it's measuring what you eat and how much you exercise that's more important than measuring your weight, I'd say. Reason is you can plan and control eating and working, you can't control your weight because it happens after the event, as it were.

So good luck with your progress, and thanks again for the post; and here's to you, :drinker: Us blokes need to stick together, mate!

Cheers

Ian
  • NatsukoG
    NatsukoG Posts: 104
    Options
    Congratulations to both you and your wife. Great job!

I'm so relieved we don't have to put our weight on our drivers licenses in the UK :blushing:
  • djl1977
    Options
    Well done !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!