Women 5'3" what is your goal weight???

Options
124»

Replies

• I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    5'3 in bare feet here, and currently at 183ish lbs. In high school I was 140 and I thought I looked fat. I think now I just needed to tone up back then, so I am looking at at least 140, and possible as low as 125-130. I am a med-large frame tho, so I will know more when I get there about what will work better for me.
  • eandrsmom
    Options
    I looked fantastic pre-kids at 132. After two pregnancies, I have no idea what my hips really look like so I am not sure I can get down that low again and still look healthy. I have super broad shoulders and historically had no waist and hips, so I am hoping that I could have a little hourglass hiding under these last 20 pounds!
  • malery06
    malery06 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It's different from person to person, everyone distributes their weight differently.
    Ive always been 135 but not completely happy. For me 125 is a perfect weight I still like meat on my bones, I like the thick sexy look better then the skinny look.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Depends on your bone structure. Take your thumb and middle finger, wrap it around your wrist. If your fingers overlap, you have a small bone frame. If your fingers just barely touch, you have a medium frame. If your fingers do not touch, you have a large frame. I have a medium frame. According to the chart I looked at, (I'm 5'3" too by the way), I would look best anywhere between about 123 to 135 pounds. Small framed gals, as low as 107 and large framed gals up to 145 pounds, give or take. I think you are aiming too low.
  • kirk1115
    kirk1115 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my goal is 110-115 which is what I once was and I looked fine, not sickly, but I didn't have much mucle tone like I do now so maybe I should aim for 120-125? I won't know until I get there. I am 143 right now, thats also with muscle but I hate being this weight.
  • aleumdaum
    aleumdaum Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nothing under 90lbs and nothing over 118lbs
  • BritneyBakesBest
    BritneyBakesBest Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    5'4 hour glass figure, small frame sw 205lbs cw 185.6 lbs gw 115 lbs
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    5' 5", started at 138 lbs, currently at 126 lbs, goal weight is 117-120 lbs
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm a little shorter, 5'0", and my goal weight is 120 lbs. That was my weight in my early 20s when I was a size 4. When I weighed 100 lbs I was 12 years old, with no menstrual period. I'm 140 lbs now so I have a good 20 lbs to go.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    catlily43 wrote: »
    I would like to get down to 105 pounds being 5'3" and I wonder if this will be too thin?

it would be for me. back in the day when i was 25 i liked my skinny-fat self when i was under 125 and i had the usual 'just five more pounds for insurance' thing going on. so i never aimed for more than being under 120, even back then. i was sub-120 for quite some time and the pictures don't lie: that was just plain straight-up thin. bony, i'm trying to say.

so now i'm thinking sub-125 would be fine, at age 52 and with a bunch of muscle mass i never had in those days. 135 actually looks fine on me, so even allowing for wanting to trim off more fat, i reckon there's no valid reason at all why i'd ever need to weigh less than 125.

i think the lowest my weight's ever been was around 115, and there is no way that was healthy for me.
  • roseclarke5713
    roseclarke5713 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my goal weight is 140. I want more muscle and less fat.
  • stacj27
    stacj27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and right now I'm about 145. I don't actually have a goal weight, more of a goal shape. I've gone down 1 pant size (and even that's getting a little loose) and I've only lost 5 lbs since I started weight lifting again. I'm not going to weight myself for the next 6 weeks and only take measurements just to see how it goes. I also have a medium frame with a large chest and booty that aren't going anywhere (at least they didn't the last time I was at a lower weight) so I wouldn't want to get lower than the 120's. But it's different for everyone. Don't get too attached to the number, especially if you include exercise.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I weigh 114 right now. Honestly, I'm probably a bit too thin. I think I looked good at around 120 ish.