Tattoos!

Options

Replies

• bryantparson
    bryantparson Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    1. Yes, 3
    2. First at 18, second at 28, third at 29.
    3. Caduceus (medical symbol) on my right shoulder blade, Lemniscate (infinity symbol) on my left wrist, unfinished compass rose on my left flank.
    4. Not taking better care of the first two. They're a bit faded.
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    1. I have 3 sets of tattoos.
    2. I got my first one about three years ago and my most recent two I got over this last summer.
    3. The first one is the letter J with two hearts above it. I have 2 butterflies and a dragonfly on my shoulder and then 3 music notes behind my right ear.
    4. No regrets! In fact, I feel like I am overdue for some more!! I want to get a dragon and a heart with a music staff through it.

9821387.png
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I have one that I got 2 years ago, and I love it no regrets here. It is perfect for my personality. Just three little words on my right shoulder that says so much ;)
  • kooshajan
    kooshajan Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many? Yes, two.
    2. When did you get it/them? One when I was 16, the second at 21.
    3. What did you get? A fairy (cliche I know) when I was 16. A bullseye on my right *kitten* cheek when I was 21.
    4. Any regrets? Not at all.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many?
    2. When did you get it/them?
    3. What did you get?
    4. Any regrets?

1. Yep, 10, 3 I did myself. :P
    2. been an ongoing process
    3. I am into black and grey, tribal and animal oriented stuff MOSTLY, I have a couple tribal on one arm/shoulder/collarbone/neck, a tribal dragon on one side of my chest and a tribal tiger on the other (from my martial arts days), a deer skull across my stomach, a baby dragon on my stomach area, an eagle on my right arm, a guitar with tribal flames on my left thigh (did this one, I am a musician too), and a vampire skull on my right thigh from the Briam Lumley Necrosope series (did this one myself too).
    4. Only regret is that I didn't start sooner.

2012-11-14_15-33-56_537.jpg
    You can see some of them here.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many? 10
    2. When did you get it/them? In the past
    3. What did you get? My babies' names, a Phoenix, my clan badge and motto, pisces fish, Celtic love knot, and some kanji
    4. Any regrets? The love knot my ex and I share. Can't wait to cover that f'er up
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many? yes 24
    2. When did you get it/them? I have been collecting them now for 10 years.
    3. What did you get? I have an angry sun on my left hand, an angry unicorn on my right hand, a fairy on top of my left forearm, the start of my background work around her which is teal color and stars and stippling, mushrooms with a sun above that, a large octopus lady on my upper left arm, a very large elfen man in vines and leaves on my inner left forearm, my sons name NOAH and his birthdate it old traditional writing on left wriast with his birthdate and stars and stippling, a traditional butterfly on the left side of my eck, a traditional rose on the right side of my neck, eyes on the back of my neck, my first initial and tribal design behind my right ear, a sunflower on my right wrist, a larg lady in purple smoke on my right inner forearm, a moon with water and flowers to the backside of my right forearm, a traditional butterfly on top of my right forearm, an angry leprachaun below that sitting on a mushroom smoking a pipe, my daughters name Presley in celtic script with stars, a fairy with a flower on my upper arm and a large red and black tribal butterfly on my uppr arm, a very large black tribal peice across my shoulders, a dragonfly below that, a biomechanical heart in a ribcage above my breasts and last but not least a traditional sparrow with a rainbow and stars on my right foot.
    4. Any regrets?Not One.
  • J_Kohler_2
    J_Kohler_2 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many? 3
    2. When did you get it/them? ages 18, 21, 25
    3. What did you get? I have a crucifix, a fish with nail cross, and a leg peice that says FIRE PROOF with a triquetra inside.
    4. Any regrets? Regret not having more completed by now.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many? yes, 9

2. When did you get it/them? one when I was 22, and the 8 more over the last 2 years

3. What did you get? Tattoos ;p

4. Any regrets? that I don't have more... yet ;)
  • patty4899
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many? 5
    2. When did you get it/them? 1st one at age 32
    3. What did you get? skull w/rose in mouth- dolphin w/tribal - 2 roses (different places) & Chinese symbol for courage
    4. Any regrets? Not a one
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many? - Yes - 15, and still not done

2. When did you get it/them? - starting when I was 20

3. What did you get? - Chinese symbol on back of neck; sad/mourning fairy after losing my child (left shoulder blade); butterfly on a leaf (right shoulder blade); musical notes (right arm); Bobby Dall from Poison (upper right arm); Poison logo (upper left arm); paw print inside a heart (left side of chest); 4 leaf clover (right side of chest); bleeding blue and pink rose (left side of chest next to paw print); shooting stars (inside left wrist); HD for Harley Davidson (inside right wrist); vine of flowers connected by my Leo sign right ankle/shin area); open seashell w/a pearl in it (right foot); sun & moon (left ankle outside); Marilyn Monroe (left ankle inside).

4. Any regrets? - The seashell one. It's on my foot and I wish I had thought more about the placement.
  • wheresheidi
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many? 2
    2. When did you get it/them? The last one a year ago the first one 12 years ago
    3. What did you get? Sea turtle on upper thigh & Tree frog on back of calf
    4. Any regrets? Wish the turtle was bigger like the tattooist suggested.
  • BirdyBogart
    Options
    1. So far I have 7 tattoos. Three of them form a half sleeve on my right arm.

2. I got my first tattoo when I was 33. It's a tramp stamp that I will eventually improve upon.

3. The half sleeve is a combination of a robin, a set of green stars, and a bouquet of native wildflowers with a honey bee. The rest are sets of stars scattered around my body.

4. I only regret the set of stars on my right forearm. I have had them worked on by four different people and they still aren't what I hoped for. I'm going to resort to a coverup in the near future.

I love the art of tattooing. I especially love when people have a story behind their tattoo. This is my story:

I was originally going to go for one small tattoo and call it quits. I was borderline hippie when I made this decision so I wanted a single star to represent rebirth with each chakra represented to remind me of the ultimate goal... balance. There are 7 chakras, or energy centers, each represented by a different color. Coincidentally, there are 7 colors in the rainbow. Well, a single rainbow star tattoo screamed gay pride. Not that I have any problem with homosexuality or pride, but clearly that didn't represent me. In a stroke of genius, I decided to have 7 separate tattoos each being stars, and each being a different color. What I failed to realize is that tattoos are addictive. I enjoy the act as much as the art. I will not be stopping at 7 tattoos. I have ideas for an entire back piece and several other substantial works. I went from wanting whimsical groupings of stars to wanting to be a walking masterpiece. ;0)
  • AmesMc1972
    AmesMc1972 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many? Yes, three.
    2. When did you get it/them? The first one was almost 12 years ago.
    3. What did you get? A cross on my side, a tiny gerber daisy on my shoulder, a bigger gerber daisy with a butterfly on my back.
    4. Any regrets? NONE. I can't wait to get another one!!!!
  • kitsuneandy
    Options
    1. Four, two big, two smaller.
    2. First was at 18, second 20, third 30 and fourth 31

These are mine:

6669680169_6720160c5f_z.jpg

6669695299_0e01e24db4_z.jpg

7501842442_48f5625ae6_z.jpg

7501840036_78ebff3dce_z.jpg

4. Nope, no regrets.
  • AmesMc1972
    AmesMc1972 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

These are mine:

4. Nope, no regrets.

Your sleeve is gorgeous!
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many?
    One, probably getting another soon

2. When did you get it/them?
    Summer before last

3. What did you get?
    189291990558250077_Vv2y9IdP_c.jpg

It's a painting by Franz Marc, a painter from the early 20th century that painted a lot of horses. I love art and horses are my life, so it seemed like a good combination. This one in particular since I was working on a breeding farm at the time.

4. Any regrets?
    Not at all. Sometimes I get the "you'll wish you didn't have that at your wedding" but quite the opposite. I think it's beautiful and I like to show it off! There's some ideas I've had in the past that I probably would regret though, so it's not something to take lightly. I thought over the idea for months and it took me years to find a great artist.

Next one will probably be the text "extraordinary machine" on this album art. Favorite singer, awesome album, awesome song.

220px-Extraordinary_Machine.jpg
  • kitsuneandy
    Options

These are mine:

4. Nope, no regrets.

Your sleeve is gorgeous!

I love it, 20 hours of work in all.

Same tattooist did the skulls as well. We did both skulls in one sitting though, that sucked! haha
  • lazyv310
    lazyv310 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    8- over the course of 22 years.
    ankles-Blue M&M, Wolf Pup
    Thighs- Dolphins, Eeyore
    Back- Rose, Tribal
    Tramp Stamp - Ying and Yang
    Upper arm - Hummingbird

No Regrets
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member