my remaining figures

Sarah219
Sarah219 Posts: 46
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
:huh: Hi all i have copied and pasted my remaining figures from today below -:

Remaining 162 -12 29 -1
Calories Carbs Fat Protein

Just wanted to know if its ok to go over on carbs and protein , i know its not a significant amount but still wondered .. ....thanks guys xx

Replies

• thats doesnt look very clear does it ...... i have 162 cals left .....gone over on the carbs ....-12 i have 29 fat left and gone over on the protein .....-1
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Don't you hate when that happens:bigsmile: . Usually I just sit and change things up until they make sense based on my custom ratios of 40/30/30 or 50/30/20. I think that it is important to work with it until it becomes second nature but those numbers really don't leave any food except for a sugary piece of something not good.

Can you rework a couple of your meals or snacks?

Michelle
  • From what I have gathered from other posts, the protien numbers here are rather low and your perfectly good going quite a bit over on that one. And you still have fat to spare. Sounds to me like you should have some meat or dairy.
  • thankyou for replying ...i will definatley have to see if i can juggle things in future xxxx
  • Replace some of your carb calories or snacks with lean protiens, like a fat-free cheese stick or a hard boiled egg white or something like that. I think it is probably better to go over on protiens than carbs. Make your carb calories count with fruits and whole grains.
  • thankyou for advice xx
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    It's almost impossible for me to make mine balance out completely. I have been losing though so I'm more worried about the calorie count and getting all the food groups I need. I do actually lose more weight if I go over on proteins than on carbs.
  • I would eat an apple and peanut butter if I had that leftover!!!

I usually only worry about calories and sodium... not so much on protein or carbs. Because we all know from Health Ed class that any source of calories (fat, protein, carbs) will be converted into fat and stored if your calories are too high.

And unless you are on a specific plan (which i avoid like the plague) it should be no big deal if you go over a bit. :]
This discussion has been closed.