Observation - 10K

Options
BubbaLax
BubbaLax Posts: 36 Member
First of all, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I have a lot to be thankful for, especially thankful to mysfitnesspal for helping me get and stay healthy!

I ran a 10K today. I was thinking along the way how amazing the human body is. One year ago I was 75 pounds heavier and ran out of breath walking up a flight of stairs. I had enough fat on me to spend a nice long winter hibernating. Today I ran a 10K and I felt like a well oiled machine.

You are never too far gone! You can always turn it around! And yes, you can keep it going! In the end, it just feels great!

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a great accomplishment! I ran my first one a couple of months ago. It's such a great feeling.
  • Annieminnesota
    Annieminnesota Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    That is something to be thankful for indeed! The power of the human body to heal is the thing I am most amazed about since losing my weight. I thought I was too far gone. It's a lesson to me: You're never too far gone to heal from it.

Congratulations!
  • falewis
    Options
    Congratulations to you. I'm not sure if you are twice or four times the man I am. In the past year I've lost 33 lbs, and ran a 5k this morning. You are 100% spot on, the human body is an amazing machine, constantly showing us that our biggest limitaton is the mind.
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    First of all, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I have a lot to be thankful for, especially thankful to mysfitnesspal for helping me get and stay healthy!

I ran a 10K today. I was thinking along the way how amazing the human body is. One year ago I was 75 pounds heavier and ran out of breath walking up a flight of stairs. I had enough fat on me to spend a nice long winter hibernating. Today I ran a 10K and I felt like a well oiled machine.

You are never too far gone! You can always turn it around! And yes, you can keep it going! In the end, it just feels great!

Congrats =) And happy thanksgiving day!
  • starlite_79
    starlite_79 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your success! i've recently started running 5k's--hoping to improve my 5k time and then hoping to start training for 10k. your story gives me hope to believe that i can do it too! :flowerforyou:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!

What great thing to be able to run! I was nursing an injury and didn't feel well oiled, but I have had ice and Motrin and I'll be fine.

The reason I love running? Because I just like it better than pretty much everything else.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options

Excellent! Congrats!
  • debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    That's great! I've just started running and want to try for a 5k next spring. It just might be possible!
  • weloveourboys
    weloveourboys Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yes, the human body is incredible. It can allow you to do so many things if only you'll take care of it. Congratulations on a job well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!