Tried to workout today, exhausted, am I eating enough?

Options
Hello! Long time reader, first (ish) time poster. Cliffnotes story of myself, always been in great shape for being a bigger girl, 26 years old, can outrun/hike/etc. most of my friends who I have at least 80 pounds on. I am an emotional eater, so my weight gain was from being depressed and mowing down on way to much food followed by way too much booze followed by way too much food again, wake up, rinse, repeat. I have been over weight, obese, normal weight and underweight for my height (5'8) so this is not my first time losing weight/getting back to a healthy range. Recently made a turn around these past couple months and have been watching what I have been eating, and exercising daily. Finished Jillian's 30 day shred with no problems and had some great results, just switched to Turbo Fire. This is my first week, took wednesday off (but did P90X Yoga instead of rest). Finding Turbo Fire intense but not crazy.. however.. this morning I almost fainted I was so exhausted. I couldn't even keep up with the basic moves.. felt like a hit a wall. Now, a lot of people around me are sick so wondering if that could be it. But, after stalking a bunch of threads on here, I am thinking maybe I do not eat enough? Protein too low?

My journal is open to view.

Anyways, sorry this is "TLDR" i know, but, any help/suggestions? Thank you :)

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    What is your deficit set to? i.e. what weigh loss have you selected to lose each week?
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Your protein seems reasonable. Most recommend about 1g per lb of lean mass - without knowing that number I can't say much more but it's over 100 most days so it's coming reasonably close.

What I DID notice though (over about the last 3 weeks) is that you went from eating back your exercise calories to eating back only half to eating back nothing and now eating under by MORE than that. If you have noticed your energy dropping I would say that it looks to be connected to your dropping calories. I'd recommend going back to what you were doing and to eat back more calories (at least half)..Make sure that you are at least NETTING your 1500 - that's not a top - its a minimum.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Yes you are. Those programs require no less than 1800 calories... many people need more around 2000+. Try 1800 calories daily.. if you feel tired or lethargic but it to 2000. Set macros to 40% carbs, 40% protein and 204 fats for the bb standard.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    It doesn't appear that you are eating your exercise calories, at least not this week. If you have let MFP set your calorie goal, this is generally a low amount so that you would lose weight without exercise. Then when you do exercise, you need additional food to fuel the workouts, that is why when you log your exercise, it gives you extra calories. If this workout you are doing now is more intense than the previous ones, then I would say that yes, you probably need to eat more.
  • ninjakowski
    Options
    Agree with eating more. When I joined MFP, I didn't have much to lose, but was so gung ho about it that I set my loss to 1lb a week and was working out 6 days. Felt great for 3 weeks then hit a wall and completely crashed. Could barely get off the couch for 2 days, fell of the wagon big time for about a month. I just wasn't eating enough! Came back with a more sensible approach (1/2lb loss, dont need to work out twice a day) and haven't had a problem. Also give yourself some rest days - if you can't sit on the couch, go for a nice long walk, burn some calories but give your body a chance to take a break.
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    i only looked back a few days and only looked at your macros and goals for them (not WHAT you actually ate) from what i can see you need to change your goals, when doing excercise like you say you are you need to have more carbs for energy you could easily eat another 100 carbs a day in place of the 100 protien you are not eating, i would try that first, at least a bit more carbs, without all info it's hard to say what would be best but i'm guessing that would be a great start :wink: also on another note your protien is possitively NOT too low, most women never need more than 100 or so protien, which once again varies with weight,training goals, ect... not all the info is there but i'm thinking you fall into that category
  • amathwills
    amathwills Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    . The bodybuilding.com website recommends that with a fat loss program where you are working out 3-5 times a week that your Carb intake be 40% Protein 40% and fat 20%.
    The only other thing that I noticed is that you are not eating your snacks. Remember it is very important to ensure that you are always fueling you body. I eat 6 times a day, three meals, 2 snacks, plus my supplements. Also, your snacks should always be a good souce of protein.
    I hope this helps.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    No water intake is logged. Are you drinking water?
  • weloveourboys
    weloveourboys Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Your diet looks pretty good, but depending on your goals, current height/weight, you probably could add some extra calories. Are you working out first thing in the morning? If so, try eating a banana before your workout. Has anything else changed? Sleeping hours, etc.? Also, could you be pregnant? Just things to think about. Or, it can be just like you said - your body fighting off illness.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    What is your deficit set to? i.e. what weigh loss have you selected to lose each week?
    1.5 pounds per week.
    Are you working out first thing in the morning? If so, try eating a banana before your workout. Has anything else changed? Sleeping hours, etc.? Also, could you be pregnant?
    This was my first time working out in the morning. I normally work out in the afternoon. Nothing else has changed, and not pregnant. :)
    No water intake is logged. Are you drinking water?
    I don't log my water because I always drink more then the requested amount of water each day so that has never been an issue for me. I love water.
    The only other thing that I noticed is that you are not eating your snacks. Remember it is very important to ensure that you are always fueling you body.
    Thank you, good idea.
    Make sure that you are at least NETTING your 1500 - that's not a top - its a minimum.
    You are right, looking back I have not been netting my minimum. Yikes.

And thank you to everyone else for taking the time to help me out and give suggestions. I will be upping my calorie intake and eating back some exercise calories. :)
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've got it all covered...just wanted to add that baby is beautiful!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've got it all covered...just wanted to add that baby is beautiful!

Thank you :) she is my beautiful niece!