NEED CHOCOLATE HELP!!!

Options
kingon8
kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
I am a chocolate addict, like smokers are addicted to cigarettes, I am addicted to chocolate, I cannot go a day w/out having it in some form, and when I do get through a day w/out it, then I have to satisfy my sweet tooth with some other sweet. What I want to know is if anyone has advice on how to subdue these intense chocoholic cravings, I have been brushing my teeth 4 and 5 times a day to keep from wanting it, but I was also hoping everyone could start a list of their favorite healthy chocolate snacks and desserts so I can get some healthy, good-for-ya ideas to keep me from the Reeses and Snickers, and Brownies, etc. HELP PLEASE!

Replies

• kingon8
    Options
    I am a chocolate addict, like smokers are addicted to cigarettes, I am addicted to chocolate, I cannot go a day w/out having it in some form, and when I do get through a day w/out it, then I have to satisfy my sweet tooth with some other sweet. What I want to know is if anyone has advice on how to subdue these intense chocoholic cravings, I have been brushing my teeth 4 and 5 times a day to keep from wanting it, but I was also hoping everyone could start a list of their favorite healthy chocolate snacks and desserts so I can get some healthy, good-for-ya ideas to keep me from the Reeses and Snickers, and Brownies, etc. HELP PLEASE!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Well I dont know where you are but here in san diego they have this place called Golden spoon and there yogurt is like 17 calories per ounce so I get there mini which is 4 oz and that is only 68 calories!

Other than that I haven't found a great relief. I am JUST LIKE YOU!!!! but with me I am addicted to chocolate and my sweet tea. It's crazy how I have gone a week and only had one of both.... Maybe those lil 100 calories snack packs at your local grocery store but I haven't gotten my hands on one of those labels so...
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I LOVE chocolate as well. I have started buying only dark chocolate. If that is all I have around than I'm not tempted to binge on other candies. There are some that are better than others, trial and error to find good ones and not the too dark bitter stuff. I like bars with 35-50% cocoa, and because it's so rich it's tough to eat a lot. At first I really missed the sweeter, more sugary milk chocolate, but now I'd rather have the richer dark stuff. And a little bit everyday is ok because its high in antioxidants.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Sugar free fugescicle pops are good they are 80 cals for two pops (many times I only eat one). And you can buy a big box of 20. I kind of wish I had them right now
  • poppychop
    poppychop Posts: 10
    Options
    I also love my chocolate, I keep a bag of Nestle Semi-sweet chips and stick to one serving a day. Some days I go without, however last week I was so low on calories I sat down with a good book and had four servings and still lost weight that week. It takes care of my craving for chocolate. I'm sure as my weight goes down I'll have to give it up, but for now it works for me.
  • kingon8
    Options
    I love dark choclate(I do not discriminate against any chocolate:)) so I am sure that will help!
  • btingle89
    btingle89 Posts: 13
    Options
    What I have started doing is drinking chocolate milk. I use fat free milk and the chocolate syrup. It is fairly low in calories and you get a serving of milk. I hate milk but this helps me get what I need. :happy: Some stores actually carry sugar free chocolate milk, which is pretty tasty. I have found that most of the time this does satisfy my craving for chocolate. Hope it helps!!!
  • jillholleysmith
    jillholleysmith Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If it's in my house, I'll eat it so the thing that works best for me is just not to buy it in the first place. I have more willpower to say no when I am at the grocery store than at home, so I am usually able to keep myself from buying it. But I have to make sure I don't go shopping when I'm hungry or I buy all the treats. Also, it helps to have a grocery list. If it's not on the list, don't buy it. (If the trouble isn't at home, but at a vending machine, I'm not the best one to ask. I've always been able to avoid the vending machines....to much of a waste of money for me. I would rather save my dollar and use it toward something else.)
  • leelee93
    leelee93 Posts: 22
    Options
    Well I dont know where you are but here in san diego they have this place called Golden spoon and there yogurt is like 17 calories per ounce so I get there mini which is 4 oz and that is only 68 calories!

Other than that I haven't found a great relief. I am JUST LIKE YOU!!!! but with me I am addicted to chocolate and my sweet tea. It's crazy how I have gone a week and only had one of both.... Maybe those lil 100 calories snack packs at your local grocery store but I haven't gotten my hands on one of those labels so...

Sweet Tea from a non-southerner:happy: ? Chocolate and sweet tea are also my favorites. For Chocolate, I can get by with 3 Hershey Kisses but it takes will power. I don't kill my calories but I get the chocolate fix. Sweet Tea.... I just had to give that up except for special occasions.
  • moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
    If you ABSOLUTELY need chocolate, I usually go with the sugar free version of Hershey.
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Go for the Endangered Species varieties (I noticed that some are already in the MFP database!)

This is the one I eat. I eat some every day: http://www.chocolatebar.com/shop/p-21-extreme-dark-chocolate.aspx
  • nellie3294
    Options
    Def. try the dark chocolatee. And i love chocolate keep some around eat a litle everyday that way you wont binge on it. Try 100 cal packs they haave oreos! and otherr goodies :)
  • Funkystarr
    Options
    Im the exact same way, i eat those 100 calorie packs and they seem to help quite a bit :smile:
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    i too would definately go fo rthe dark chocolate. I eat 70% cocoa chocolate. It took a while to get used to the taste but I actually really like it now. Plus, it's so rîch that I can only eat 1 piece at a time which is definately a good thing! Dark chocolate is also high in antioxidants (as long as you don't drink it with milk) and can help lower cholesterol. 1 piece is 10g, 53cals, 3g carbs, 4g fat, 0.5g protein which I can easily work into my daily calorie allowance. It's yummy and it's good for you (in moderation :laugh: )
  • kingon8
    Options
    These are all really good ideas, thank you! Not having it in the house really doesn't stop my cravings, we have a gas station 2 doors down, so if it gets bad enough(and unfortunately it usually does) I will walk next door and buy me some chocolate. I love these ideas, I will give them a shot. I have to do something b/c I am trying to lose pregnancy weight and I know chocolate will be the end of anything good I am doing for myself if I dont find some better substitues or healthier should I say. Thanks for all the responses!
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You should try the Hersheys dark chocolate bars with the blueberries cranberries and almonds in them. One little square is all I need to satisfy my craving. And the little chewy pieces of fruit are sooo good. If you like dark chocolate, this is a must try!!:tongue:
    This is for the WHOLE BAR. Its bigger than a regular hershey bar too!!! I think there are 8 squares to a bar.

Serving Size 1 (37 g)

Amount Per Serving %DV *
    Total Calories 170
    Calories from Fat 110
    Total Fat 13 g 20%
    Saturated Fat 7 g 35%
    Cholesterol less than 5 mg 1%
    Total Carbohydrate 19 g 6%
    Dietary Fiber 4 g 16%
    Sugars 14 g
    Protein 3 g 6%
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    Dove miniatures......37 cals each.......take tiny bites and let them melt in your mouth! :heart:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free chocolate jello! I love to break a low-fat graham cracker on top and then dollop with sugar free whipped cream. It's like a piece of choclate cream pie. Yummers!