Thanksgiving dinner

Options
I did it, Thanksgiving dinner only 459 calories, and I'm stuffed.

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    How did you do that????
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I think my cinnamon roll for breakfast had more than that...LOL..but than I did an hour of Zumba so hopefully I burned it off..
  • carneson3
    Options
    I've pre-logged and am running around 1500 calorie total with my pumpkin cheesecake (If I only have one...HA!)! Is it 3 yet?!?! I plan on eating to my hearts content today. Happy Thanksgiving!
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I read the average Thanksgiving meal is 3000 calories including dessert and drinks. That's what I logged and now I'm moving forward with my life.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I had about 15 pieces of cheese, a bunch of crackers, two rice crispy bars, several handfuls of cinnamon chex mix, then I sat down for dinner.

Turkey, heaping piles of white potatoes smothered in gravy. Corn with butter, and a big ol slice of pumpkin pie with whip cream.

Not sure what ill eat for round two.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm not even logging today. I know I'm tons over, and I'm ok with it :) Tomorrow's a new day.
  • TexanThom
    Options

Nice water intake!!!
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I thnk I had more than 459 calories licking batter off my fingers making cheesecake last night.
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Wowsers..... I think I amat about 1200 and that is without dessert. Lots of guesstimates so probably too low. I have done a Turkey Trot AND a 30 min walk, so offset it a little.
  • Colstriper
    Colstriper Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1150 for the day so far, but I ran a 5K. Not too bad, except I have another Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday...
  • meggwtw
    meggwtw Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I pre-logged mine -- it's still 6 hours away, but it's 953 calories and that's for one serving per dish, assuming I don't go over one serving! ALSO that doesn't include any alcoholic drinks OR desserts, which I might just skip because of the high/empty calorie count. :-\ Shame!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Today started with a run, then a Krispy Kreme donut, and well then I got serious . . . about eating. I don't go crazy but I do enjoy. Its one holiday, Christmas will be another, I'll probably have cake and ice cream on my birthday (and heck even my wife's and kids' birthdays) and I will undoubtedly eat BBQ on July 4th. Soooo that's 7 days vs 358 when I pretty much behave myself.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options

I'm surprised! I did well, I even measured. I'm going to a Wallyword sale in a while and will have a sandwich before I go.
    Great Day!
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I ate and later guestimated that I only ate 530 cals! WITH pie and ice cream!!! loaded up on yogurt, pb, and almond milk to get those numbers up!!!
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I exercised in the morning, ate healthy during the day, and skipped the appetizers before dinner. I said I wouldn't eat til I was stuffed but I got stuffed halfway through one plate of food and that's unacceptable so I worked through it- and even managed a small piece of pie. I know I went over calorie-wise but I am ok with it. I am going to say it's a NSV to get stuffed on that amount of food even if it is over my calorie goal- I know I used to be able to put away more than that haha.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I was a little anal about Thanksgiving last year and actually counted calories. No more, I will enjoy the few holidays and family gatherings and enjoy the awesome food. I ate an entire full size PLATE of just desserts. As long as I don't let it turn into a six week orgy of food until New Years I'll be just fine.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    My thanksgiving meal was 879 calories. Would have been lower if I didn't have that 2nd corn muffin. I was so stuffed I felt that if I ate one more thing I would get sick. Went for a walk after dinner which helped but not much. Just can't eat like I used to.
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    My thanksgiving dinner was probably under 700 calories. I only had about 5 oz of lamb with mint sauce and 3 oz of fried turkey with green beans, a small serving of mashed potatoes. I also had a slice of pumpkin pie for desert.

I really didn't have any issues at all yesterday.

Started with a small piece of coffee cake and lots of coffee; ended with 4 light beers and another small serving of turkey. I'd be shocked if I ate more than 2000 calories yesterday.
  • hnuzzolilo
    hnuzzolilo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving was hard. I had to eat 2 meals (my mom and my MIL).

Started the day with going to the gym burned 300 calories

I am at a goal of 1200, and logged 1586. So with my excercise calories I was only -86.

I used measuring cups, ate white meat, stuck with lots of veggies, and had 2 small deserts after each meal.

I consider this a HUGE NSV! :happy: