this is my ideal goal look right now

Options
http://www.shopbop.com/congress-dress-erin-wasson-x/vp/v=1/845524441850883.htm?folderID=2534374302163711&fm=browse-brand-shopbysize

i just need to lose 10 more pounds to reach my weight goal. but how would i achieve this lean look in the gym??

-her legs and arms especially.. mine are a bit buff and i hate wearing sleeveless tops :(

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights and losing the fat so it is not covering the muscle.
  • missyannb85
    Options
    Well, I had wrote you a response but then I checked your profile and found that you are a model so my only advice is figure out how to do it safely...
  • ractayjon
    Options
    Oh to be 23 again! :smile: The dress is very pretty and goo d for you for being so clsoe to your goal.
    Dont have much advice as to how to get that look though -- maybe you could ask a trainer at the gym you go to?
  • monica1515
    Options
    A lot of your body composition is genetic as far as muscle mass, bone density (size of bones), etc.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Ummmm.... YIKES!!! That's all I've got to say about that....
  • missyannb85
    Options
    Ummmm.... YIKES!!! That's all I've got to say about that....

I agree.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Editing is the first issue. The second is you are probably healthy and she may be skinny fat....I don't know for sure, but who knows she might be 6 foot tall and weigh 117 lbs...that is just too thin

If you look at the behind view she is very waif like with no muscularity at all.

I don't know your goals or your body shape, just make sure whatever they are that your goals are realistic for your body type, shape, and genetic make up.

Good luck.
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    TBH, most people don't get that look through healthy means. I would guess that her weight is in an underweight/unhealthy range but of course that is just a guess. What is your height and goal weight?

ETA: Not to mention they are all photoshopped!
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I cant imagine that girl eating much more than a saltine or a grape. :( Honestly, I dont want to knock your goal or your "ideal look", but I dont think there is a safe, healthy way to achieve that look OR maintain that look. And any trainer who "helps" you should have thier lisence revoked.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I don't think she's allowed to eat a cracker!
  • kathrynp45
    kathrynp45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I looked at the picture and though the model is quite thin for her height I do see a number of women who have this body type and seem to be in good health, If you want to achieve her look your body fat has to be low and you need to build lean muscle. Suggestions 1. go to a sports facility that has a bod pod which is the most accurate way to measure body fat. They will be able to tell you how low you can go on your body fat and stil maintain good health. As these facilities emphasize longevity and healthy thinness, they do recommend lower body fat for long-term health than many mainstream recommendations.. 2. Looking at a model's body doen't give you any idea how she achieves it. Look at exercise magazines of women body builders, athletes, fitness competitors, dancers, yogis, pilates etc and see if you see a pattern of the bodies that most appeal to you - it might be that the gym won't give you the physique you want but ballroom dancing three hours a day might.
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    She does have lean, muscular arms and legs, but you need to keep in mind that pictures are often airbrushed; so she has help that we may not get in our real lives. Though I think it's great to have a goal, you need to be realistic. Sometimes genetics will never allow us to have certain body parts, no matter how thin we are. It might be healthier for you (physically and emotionally) to strive to improve your own body but not try to look like someone else! Good luck. And remember, the sexiest feature of a woman is her confidence!
  • xerothermic
    Options
    Wow...

Even at 75 lbs I was not that rail thin.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Wow,,, just wow.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you all said it!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    WOW that girl is skinny!