Inexpensive heart rate monitor?

Options
Can anyone recommend a good basic heart rate monitor? I only need one that calculates calories burned. I found one on amazon for $40 which is around what I want to spend. It's a 'Pyle Sports PHRM38PN HRM watch with minimum, average heart rate, calories and target zones' but I have never heard of Pyle sports. Is it ok? Any other brands I should look for?

Thanks!

Replies

• Janeinoz63
    Janeinoz63 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    do you have ALDI supermarkets??? they have cheap heart rate monitors around the $30 - $40 mark ... work great and give you calories burned ....
  • Whimzeee
    Whimzeee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Polar! I've tried other brands and have been extremely disappointed! They have a huge ton of models so you'll have to research carefully.
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    I've also wasted my money buying countless cheaper HRMs :(
    Loving my Polar FT4 and was $80 delivered from ebay (australia)

Wish i hadn't wasted my money on the prior ones and just bought the Polar!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    google polar ft4..they are on sale at a variety of place for about $60.00 with free shipping.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Polar ft4. Worth the money.
  • Nettie96fb
    Options
    Polar H7...blue tooth conectivity
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    go polar:)!!!
  • TrinityTrinityTrinity
    Options
    I got a Polar FT4 at Best Buy for around $60. Now is a good time though, you might find a good deal b/c of Black Friday.

Make sure it has the chest strap so you get an accurate reading.
  • mwa2929
    Options
    I agree, the POLAR brand is the best!!
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I got a polar ft7 for $135. Brilliant and has 30m water resistance so you can wear it swimming. Definitely agree on polar. You need one with a chest strap.
  • KristieWat
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I have been looking at the polars now and I am drooling over the purple ft60! Seems to be pretty top of the line... Don't know if I need something that fancy but Christmas is coming.... Maybe I can drop some hints. I'll leave the web page open on his computer. The ft4 and 7 look nice too. Thank you again for all your advice!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I got my pink and purple FT4 on Amazon for about $65.
  • lutterby
    lutterby Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I bought my polar secondhand on ebay for $45 which incl postage from usa, that was 3yrs ago and its still going strong, only had to change the battery once