Pretty in the Face or Thin in the Waist?

Options
victorianesque
victorianesque Posts: 25 Member
What do you prefer? You always hear men say that the face makes a girl, but you see men dating plain women with flat stomachs much more often than you see men dating women with gorgeous faces and a fuller figure.

Thoughts?

Replies

• hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    These threads never go well...
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    You are missing other variables. That is all.
  • bmiller211
    bmiller211 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    you are a beautiful woman. I appreciate that. I enjoy an athletic and curvy woman. what i really enjoy is intelligent conversation and good humor and a woman with a great outlook on life!! That said i do enjoy women!!:flowerforyou:
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Different men prefer different things. Your opinion of a "plain girl" may be a man's opinion of a beautiful woman, and vice versa. Like, what I may consider to be a gorgeous face may be very different than you. See what I mean?
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    pretty in the face. There are tons of NICE guys who will treat you like a queen even if your middle is thick. So why not have a pretty face to attract them with.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Go to the mall, the grocery store, any restaurant. Look at the couples holding hands. You'll see all types.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    You are missing other variables. That is all.

^^ This.

Beautiful isn't defined by looks alone.

I've never considered myself to be particularly 'pretty' ... and I have never, ever, in my whole adult life had a flat stomach.... never had an issue getting dates and I've been married twice.
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    Different men prefer different things. Your opinion of a "plain girl" may be a man's opinion of a beautiful woman, and vice versa. Like, what I may consider to be a gorgeous face may be very different than you. See what I mean?

Yup (:
  • victorianesque
    victorianesque Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Haha, obviously I was generalizing, and I like how enlightened every one here seems to be. This was a large argument at Thanksgiving today between some of my guests, so I was just curious how you guys might perceive the societal "norm" preference to be between the two options, taking it at the most superficial level.
  • amandaleepaterson
    Options
    This is a great post... Do you think it makes a difference on how women carry themselves? Would a man be more likely attracted to a woman who loves herself exactly as she is... and that shows by the way she walks, smiles, drives, eats, plays and whatever else she is doing at any given moment?
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    What do you prefer? You always hear men say that the face makes a girl, but you see men dating plain women with flat stomachs much more often than you see men dating women with gorgeous faces and a fuller figure.

Thoughts?
    Your face. :heart:
  • Tunia85
    Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Haha, obviously I was generalizing, and I like how enlightened every one here seems to be. This was a large argument at Thanksgiving today between some of my guests, so I was just curious how you guys might perceive the societal "norm" preference to be between the two options, taking it at the most superficial level.

LOL glad to see my family is not the only one in the argumentative mood :laugh:
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    no
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Big boobs.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Big boobs.

Glad my man is a bum and leg man because I lost them along the way to getting thin.
  • jtrain252
    jtrain252 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    If its only those two options with nothing else involved
    I would say PRetty face
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Go to the mall, the grocery store, any restaurant. Look at the couples holding hands. You'll see all types.

^ I agree with this 100% - Plus, she is a very wise woman. :flowerforyou:
  • fraser112
    Options

Thoughts?

Men will say alot of things to get some loving :laugh: they will tell you anything you want to hear. I would say the reason you see it more body wise is because the body shows all the signs of health and ability to reproduce. Pretty is a plus but body is how you define attractive/ability to reproduce. In woman i might add since in men its off a little less importance survival wise.

Oddly i notice that most men i see with real heavy set woman have a general look 80% of the time, almost like you could predict it like homosexuality with the direction of the curl in your scalp. It could be a genetic abnormality of some sort since it does no good to the species if your wife/baby wont survive.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    no

^this
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    These threads never go well...

Indeed

*waits for the inevitable downwards spiral*