Ankle ligament and calf muscle problems

Options
I went to physio at the beginning of the year for about two months and my problem went away (i also stopped exercising so that would have helped with recovery) Have had an ultrasound for tears, wear etc on all ligaments in the ankle/foot and it came back fine.

I have just started back on MFP and losing weight again and also starting to walk more (thanks fitbit monitoring lol) This morning i woke up and thought, hmm my ankle feels a bit tight and sure enough as the day has gone on i can feel pulling in my calf muscle - but i don't think its this one as it is more in the centre of the side of my leg heading towards the front of my leg IFYKWIM?

I am going to go back to physio and see what else they suggest, but i really need to be able to walk to get this weight off! If i leave it it will affect me more and more with just normal day to day tasks.

It is not plantar fascitis or peroneal tendonitis.

It just feels like either the ligament or muscle gets tight which then affects the other. I have been doing stretches which don't really seem to do anything at the time and sometimes i can feel like i am going to cramp up in the ankle/foot area by doing the stretches, such as just pointing my toes

Has anyone else had this problem? and if so what exercises/stretches did you do to help this resolve? Is it an ongoing thing that requires stretches etc everyday continually?

Thanks!

ETA: Its the Tendons, not the ligaments that are causing problems.