Question for people who have abs..

Options
Could you see them before they started to show up in pictures? I swear I can see mine, but they're just barely there, still got some fat to get rid of & they won't show in a pic, but I see at least two of them, sometimes 3 haha Am I delusional?

Replies

• imwithgizmo
    imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Light your body from the side. Front flat lighting will not create the shadows that show the muscle definition. Maybe try standing with a window to your side when you take the pic.
  • jennifersam1
    Options
    Hello shorty35565,
    No, you are not delusional. Its normal and natural. Fats exceeds in body due to high calorie foods and by unplanned diet. You have to do some physical exercise daily to maintain you body fats.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    idk about that...all i can tell you is that they most likely will never look as good as you want them to look.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Light your body from the side. Front flat lighting will not create the shadows that show the muscle definition. Maybe try standing with a window to your side when you take the pic.

I think they're just starting to try to show, but I'm happy to kno tht they can still b there even if I cant capture them yet haha.. I'm sure I will see them more when I lower my body fat. I'm like 26% or so I think. But I can see the top 2 moving for sure!
  • shorty35565
    Options
    idk about that...all i can tell you is that they most likely will never look as good as you want them to look.

I will never look as good I want *sigh* Never satisfied.
  • mkanak
    mkanak Posts: 38 Member
    Options

I think they're just starting to try to show, but I'm happy to kno tht they can still b there even if I cant capture them yet haha.. I'm sure I will see them more when I lower my body fat. I'm like 26% or so I think. But I can see the top 2 moving for sure!

26% bodyfat is too much to really see your abs. I would say that abs really start to appear properly with fat below 17-20%.
  • cheddle
    cheddle Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Could you see them before they started to show up in pictures? I swear I can see mine, but they're just barely there, still got some fat to get rid of & they won't show in a pic, but I see at least two of them, sometimes 3 haha Am I delusional?

its alllll lighting ^.^ relax!! cameras are not as good as a human eye for detecting differences in brightness "contrast" nor are computer screens very good at showing photos in good contrast...

your not insane ^.^
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Its all in the proper lighting really. Those that you see in magazines or photoshoots are obviously have it well lit & add to that some photoshopping.

Also like others have said, it is all about body fat percentage & genetics. There are some who are genetically predisposed to store most of their body fat on their bellies & if you are one of them, it would take a lot of patience for your abs to become more visible even with a 18-20% body fat. Though normally for a woman, her abs starts to become more visible once her body fat falls within the athletic range but there are some with higher body fat percentages who can see a hint of abs. On the contrary, there are some who needs to be in the low teens (dangerous) to see their abs.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Its all in the proper lighting really. Those that you see in magazines or photoshoots are obviously have it well lit & add to that some photoshopping.

Also like others have said, it is all about body fat percentage & genetics. There are some who are genetically predisposed to store most of their body fat on their bellies & if you are one of them, it would take a lot of patience for your abs to become more visible even with a 18-20% body fat. Though normally for a woman, her abs starts to become more visible once her body fat falls within the athletic range but there are some with higher body fat percentages who can see a hint of abs. On the contrary, there are some who needs to be in the low teens (dangerous) to see their abs.

I am one who stores mostly in my tummy. I'm 121.4lbs at 5'5. I just guess at my BF%. I really have no idea how much it is. But I think it's around 26%. They arent amazingly noticeable. I can just vaguely see some definition. Like I said up there, I can see my top 2 move. Like they're closer to my natural waist, which is gettin pretty small (26 5/8in). My fat is is my lower tummy. Am I even making sense? haha
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    im also starting to see the top 2 abs its so faint tho hardly noticable .. i think its def the start of abs tho ... for some reason my serratus is showing but abs arnt fully visable
  • shorty35565
    Options
    im also starting to see the top 2 abs its so faint tho hardly noticable .. i think its def the start of abs tho ... for some reason my serratus is showing but abs arnt fully visable

Well I'm jealous lol U in MUCH better shape than me!
  • Chadomaniac
    Options
    no im not , u look like u def there ... men are much more prone to getting abs easier than woman , i can see faint abs when i turn and that i think its the start .. my lower stomach ruines everything
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have 2-pack abs... I got 2 pack by keeping my macro goal 45% carbs 35% protein and 20% fat... I eat moderate carbs because i do intense cardio workouts and i make sure i eat less than 20% fat maximum and minimum 10% fat. Since i do intense workouts, my calorie goal 1400... I mostly drink plenty of water after each meal... I always avoid junks and oils... I eat healthy foods like veggies, fruits and some grains =)
  • Chadomaniac
    Options
    on the other hand i eat 60% fat , 35% protein and 5% carbs lol
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I'm sure mine are there fighting to get thru ... :laugh:
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    Hello shorty35565,
    No, you are not delusional. Its normal and natural. Fats exceeds in body due to high calorie foods and by unplanned diet. You have to do some physical exercise daily to maintain you body fats.

Absolute nonsense, diet is 80% minimum of your weight loss success. You can't outtrain a bad diet, no matter how hard you try.

Get your body fat percentage down low enough and your abs will appear 15%-12% for women and 12% to single figures for men.
  • Chadomaniac
    Options
    men can start seeing abs at 14-15%
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    @Chadomaniac: I am veggie and vegetarian foods mostly have carbs, i gave her eating ideas because eating too matters... 26% body fat means she must first reduce fat through eating and also through exercise first.

@Shorty35565
    ^^ Even if your body fat is below 20, there is chances too... My body fat percent is 18% ... And 26% body fat is impossible to get abs...
  • shorty35565
    Options
    no im not , u look like u def there ... men are much more prone to getting abs easier than woman , i can see faint abs when i turn and that i think its the start .. my lower stomach ruines everything

Look at ur arms!! I dont have a lot of muscle sadly! But I'm working on it~
  • shorty35565
    Options
    @Chadomaniac: I am veggie and vegetarian foods mostly have carbs, i gave her eating ideas because eating too matters... 26% body fat means she must first reduce fat through eating and also through exercise first.

@Shorty35565
    ^^ Even if your body fat is below 20, there is chances too... My body fat percent is 18% ... And 26% body fat is impossible to get abs...

I didn't say they were very visible. I said they were trying. And I honestly have no idea what my BF% definitely is, cuz calipers leave a lot of room for error. Idk. I just know I'm getting some kind of definition there.