Any Saturday weigh-ins?

Options
Morning

I only joined a week ago, after a visit to the doctors, when the weighed me and I was a stone heavier than I thought! Ouch! Time to take action. I have my first weigh in tomorrow and although I've been ultra good all week, I'm scared about getting on those scales in case I haven't lost anything!

Anyone else weighing in tomorrow?

Anna :)

Replies

• umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in every saturday. Tomorrow I am expecting to lose the yoyo weight which keeps coming back every now and then. So it might not be a real loss for me:( But it is best to weigh in once a week and same time too like in the morning then it gives you consistent weight reading. Good luck for tomorrow weighing!
  • finding_sammi
    Options
    A ggod friend of mine prefers a sat weigh-in so that if you have weekend treats you have longer to burn them off before next weigh-in, but don't worry Anna if you've been following your mfp allowance I'm sure you'll be lighter than last week! :)
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Saturday morning is weight in day - makes a good excuse not to have too a wild Friday night... ;)
  • butterflygurl89
    Options
    I'm a Saturday girl! Unless I happen to be at my bf's because he doesn't have a scale. I like to weigh in first thing in the morning and as close to Saturday as possible.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    me!
  • annas3911
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies! I do feel a bit less bloated so I am hopeful - I will update tomorrow and let you all know. Thanks for the support x
  • redwulf
    redwulf Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My wife and I weigh in on Saturday morning usually before breakfast. Then we have a day or weekend off before getting back to the dieting on Monday.

When I first started my cheat days were 3000+ Kcal but now I find they barely exceed my maintenance calories.
  • annas3911
    Options
    Does it help to have a cheat day? Does anyone else do that? :)
  • XoXoLJFitness
    Options
    Good luck on your weigh in! I am also very new and I don't have a cheat day set up but I have established a new rule that if I want ice-cream or some treat I have to burn those calories before I eat it. Sometimes after the workout I don't crave what I wanted so bad after all.
  • healthymebetterme
    Options
    I'm a Saturday weigh in-ner? Haha.

Started last week as well so tomorrow is the first weigh in! D:

Feel free to add me :)
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Does it help to have a cheat day? Does anyone else do that? :)

Not as regular "cheat" but once started losing I do not worry about the occasional pub lunch & few pints, just log them in and get on with life the next day

My official weigh in day is also Saturday, it just happened that way, but as pub is often on a Sunday it is very convenient :drinker:

I also weigh daily, first thing after a pee and before cup of tea etc, keeps it consistent, I find my weight goes down in fits & starts, nothing at all, then, bam, 2 pounds overnight, which stays off, just to forewarn you really, weight loss is not always linear
  • robyngraeves
    robyngraeves Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I always weigh in on saturdays. I don't really have a particular reason, That's just the day I do it on. I don't have a cheat day, just a cheat meal at a reasonable portion size. Since I started eating more healthful items I find my normal junk food reaaaallly hurts my stomach so I can't have a large amount for a "cheat day"

But congratulations on your start!
  • annas3911
    Options
    Hi guys
    Just to update you on my first Saturday weigh! I lost 1.5kgs - just over 3 pounds this week. So really pleased about that although I know it won't be like that every week! Hope you all got on okay :). Thanks again for the support x