How to change the amount of carbs eaten every day?

Options
Hi,

I want to change the amount of carbohydrates I eat but I don't know how to do it. I want to reduce carbs and increase proteins. Can you help me?

Replies

• terracotti
    terracotti Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    go to home>goals>change goals>custom
    is that what you meant?
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Cut down on bread, rice, pasta and sweet stuff like chocolates and candies. Aim to get the majority of your carbs that you want to have from fresh fruit and veggies.

For example, instead of a bowl of breakfast cereal or muffin..... have a 2 or 3 omelette with a little cheese, some tomatoes and mushrooms. Might sound like a lot of calories versus a bowl of cereal but has good protein with some fat and veggies and will fill you up nicely until lunch.

I mostly eat low carb and eat lots of eggs, fish, chicken and turkey. I snack on things like sliced ham with some mushroom and cream cheese wrapped up in it, boiled eggs or nuts such as almonds. I eat veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, spinnach, sprouts, green beans. Oh and one of my fave meals is a chicken stir fry made with lots of chinese veggies and a splash of soy sauce and garlic for flavour.... very yummy!

Some people go very low carb like under 30g and some prefer to just keep carbs controled, say under 100 or 150. At the end of the day it's whatever works for you personally based on what your goals are.
  • Anastazia36
    Anastazia36 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    go to home>goals>change goals>custom
    is that what you meant?

THANK YOU!!
  • Anastazia36
    Anastazia36 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Cut down on bread, rice, pasta and sweet stuff like chocolates and candies. Aim to get the majority of your carbs that you want to have from fresh fruit and veggies.

For example, instead of a bowl of breakfast cereal or muffin..... have a 2 or 3 omelette with a little cheese, some tomatoes and mushrooms. Might sound like a lot of calories versus a bowl of cereal but has good protein with some fat and veggies and will fill you up nicely until lunch.

I mostly eat low carb and eat lots of eggs, fish, chicken and turkey. I snack on things like sliced ham with some mushroom and cream cheese wrapped up in it, boiled eggs or nuts such as almonds. I eat veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, spinnach, sprouts, green beans. Oh and one of my fave meals is a chicken stir fry made with lots of chinese veggies and a splash of soy sauce and garlic for flavour.... very yummy!

Some people go very low carb like under 30g and some prefer to just keep carbs controled, say under 100 or 150. At the end of the day it's whatever works for you personally based on what your goals are.

Thank you. I just wanted to change the settings of my food diary because it gave me 175 gr per day (55% of daily allowance).
    Thanks anyway....you gave me some nice ideas :))