Want to lose 1 pound a week?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• ellie172011
    ellie172011 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just trail an error with your calorie intake until you find the number that works for you. I had mine set at 1000, I felt full and could still exercise and was losing a bit eat each week, upped it to 1200 and still saw weight loss, now sat 1440 and losing 1.5ib a week which is higher than the other two. There is a magic number that will allow you to eat more and lose more, it's worth trying to find it.
  • ellie172011
    ellie172011 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just trail an error with your calorie intake until you find the number that works for you. I had mine set at 1000, I felt full and could still exercise and was losing a bit eat each week, upped it to 1200 and still saw weight loss, now sat 1440 and losing 1.5ib a week which is higher than the other two. There is a magic number that will allow you to eat more and lose more, it's worth trying to find it.
    Sorry for the typos
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to net 1200 calories a day, then that is what the MFP computers think you will need to eat to lose the weight you want.

If you eat 1200 and then exercise off 500, you'll be netting 700 calories which is far below the recommended intake for anybody other than a small child. MFP won't suggest anything lower than 1200 calories. People will suggest that you not "eat your workout calories" for a more rapid weight loss, but doing something like netting negative calories is beyond unhealthy. You will have given your body less fuel than it needs for basic operations such as complex reasoning and digestion and the like.

Anyway. Net = food in - burn off. Aim for what they suggest and you should be fine.
  • KazSmith68
    Options
    I only go on what calories I am allowed daily before I exercise, I never eat extra from what I have burned and I have lost 10kg in 3 months just by measuring and weighing my food along with good exercise. Good Luck :smile:
  • xFitnessFlirt
    Options
    ok thanks for the tips everyone! :) I'm excited to try this now hope it works!
  • anivad1
    anivad1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think you have the right idea MiraCat (eat less, eat healthy, excersize more). I wish you the best of luck.
  • xFitnessFlirt
    Options
    thanks, and good luck to you as well