Help on glycemic level needed

Options
Seems it would be good for me at this moment of time to understand glycemic level, set up a goal and understand better how it impacts my metabolism. Has anyone a method or site to follow it? Any clear information is also welcome. I have bad genetics (both my father and grand-father dies from liever/kidney illness/cancer) and would like to be aware of daily little changes that can impact positively my gl (seems that keeping it low keeps them in good health).

I started to look at this matter yesturday only but logging my foods in MFP and check every single aliment on another site to end up with numbers without even knowing if this is "good" or "bad", what should be my goal, how to spread within the day,...is a huge amount of work for no result at this moment of time. I would like to end up with a mental red light every time I will eat or drink something would impact negatively my metabolism. It also seems that people aware of that can therefore chose to eat a square of dark chocolate at the right moment of the day (for me it is as soon as possible so that I have more time to consume it).

Today, I changed my usual morning fresh squeezed orange juice (seems quite bad) by a fresh lemon juice. For the rest, I am lost, completely...