Screw the diets! I call it Love Yourself Lifestyle

Options
I feel everyone should have there own love yourself lifestyle plan that is custom to them! Your asking what is this LYL?? Well something clicked when I was listening to Dr. Oz. While drinking a pop and eating doritos, I realized that my reality of food and what was healthy was way off! And so is most of americas! I was not aware that most of the food I was putting in my body had barely any nutritional content and usually had something man made in it. I was so confused by all the diet/low fat//low carb/ bla bla that I came up with this part of my "Intake" Love yourself lifestyle.

INTAKE:
Natural Foods (No preservatives. no fillers, no hormones, no enriched, no hyrdogenated oils, no high fructose corn syrup)
Lean Proteins (grass fed nutritionally is much higher in nutrition than corn fed)
Healthy Grains
Veggies
Fruit

So we have the intake so we know we have to work it off now. EXERCISE should be anything you enjoy on the regular maybe involving your husband, children or pets to knock two birds out at once. I just read on an earlier post to do squats while brushing teeth. That is a great idea I am going to start today! Add in a personal physical interest in every once in a while. For example, I am going to learn some ball room dancing on the side. I have always wanted to do that! I know this is nothing you havent heard before but the difference is to start a Love Yourself Lifestyle. The difference for me is my heart is in it. I know when I am offered a pop my heart wants a water. When your child wants a snack get healthy creative for your childs brain. Its time to do it for you and your family just to be healthy and happy. Screw the diets people! Start your own love yourself lifestyle!

Replies

• Euphonasia
    Options
    I've heard of this...When I heard of it, it was called the "Whole Food" diet. It's kind of what I'm doing and it works pretty well for me.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You got it Girl!!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Basically anything in a bag, box or can is processed and not the best choice. :grumble: :noway:

WHOLE foods is it! Fresh, whole foods....
    minimally altered by pesticides & processing as much as possible.
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love the Love Yourself Lifestyle!! I try to eat healthy because I deserve it!! I like to go dancing with my guy & dance around the house with my daughter, all the while knowing my healthy body is burning calories!! LOVE your post!! :flowerforyou: