15 Months - 183 - 145 - with pics

Options
Beckyloo80
Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
Hi everyone, just popped by to share my success story........

Aug 1 2011 I woke up and decided that I was sick of being fat, always feeling tired and unhealthy and this truly was the first day of the rest of my life. My Best Friend and I decided that we were going to get fit and healthy together, and thus began my journey.

oKMrI.jpg

This picture was taken June 5 2011 at a family wedding. this picture disgusts me. I was at my heaviest at a whopping 183 Lbs. I was unhappy with myself, I had no self esteem and a really bad body image issue. Started off 2 days a week at the gym, a month later vamped it up to 3 days, then a month later - 4 days a week, early mornings - 5 am. Cardio and weight training combined. I changed my diet, started tracking my calories and the weight just started coming off. I decided that 145 was my goal.

Of course there were a few speed bumps along the way - I hit a pretty bat plateau for about 3 months. Then I started the Body by Vi 90 Day challenge...... i ended up shedding another 13 Lbs and 4.5 inches. This brought me down to 153. That was May 2012. Now the weight was coming off slowly from then on. I was starting to get discouraged and frustrated. I felt like I was doing all the right things. Then a MFP buddy suggested I up my calorie intake...... so taking this advice, my weight started coming off again....... and then stalled at 149! That was in September.

Well I started insanity this week. Starting weight 147.2. I weighed in today (after a fit test and 4 Insanity workouts) and I am now officially 145.2 Lbs! I have FINALLY reached my goal! I almost cried. Not just because the Insanity workout killed me this morning, but because of working my butt off, I had finally accomplished my goal, one which I felt that I would NEVER reach.

I am posting this because I want you all to know that if I can do it, so can you! You need to keep motivated, and keep strong and never quite. We don't put weight on overnight, we can not expect it to come off over night.

Here is a picture I took this morning......

nov232012.jpg

Starting Stats:

Weight -183
Waist - 34
Hips - 39.5
Thigh - 23
Arm -12
Bust - 34

Today's stats:

Weight - 145
Waist - 29
Hips - 36.5
Thigh - 21.5
Arm - 11.5
Bust - 34 ( I know)

My life changed because I realized that working out stopped becoming work, and became my lifestyle!

Keep healthy and happy MFP friends!

Replies

• carleemaeb
    Options
    WTG - Congratulations!!
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Good for for all the hard work! It really paid off for you! Congratulations!
  • weep1872
    weep1872 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look wonderful...
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Your story is an inspiration.
  • Staceyp76
    Staceyp76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    WTG Bestie :)
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    WTG Bestie :)

Thanks for kicking my *kitten* at the gym Stacey! xoxo Love you forever!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I love reading success stories. Always gets me pumped up for my next workout!

Way to go!
  • edival
    edival Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congrats on hitting your ideal weight! Such a fantastic story!
  • rhoades716
    Options
    Great Job! What a difference, you look amazing! Keep up the hard work!
  • jlaurena
    Options
    YOU'RE MY INSPIRATION!!!! :drinker:
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Nice woirk! Thanks for sharing and congrats!
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. This is great!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I couldn't help chuckling when I read how you found yourself disgusted with weighing 183 pounds when so many here are striving to reach that weight as their target and would be delighted with weighing 183 pounds.
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration story & photos - great work!
  • Winwin101
    Winwin101 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your target weight!! :flowerforyou: Success stories like this motivate me and push me to work harder to reach my goal weight. Thanks for sharing it with us and good luck on your future health and fitness goal.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    we're almost totally the same stats :) wtg mama! u look great :D
  • habapu
    habapu Posts: 25
    Options
    Congrats!
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    congrats your body transformation looks great...

i would suggest you think about cutting your hair into a new style to go with your new body.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!