Oatmeal substitute?

Options
katejkelley
katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
Does anyone know a good substitute for oatmeal in recipes? I love oatmeal, but my digestion system just doesn't seem to be able to deal with it very well. I've been making the Baked Oatmeal recipe someone posted - and it's wonderful. It contains both quinoa flakes and oatmeal. However, it's causing problems for me. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!

Replies

• katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Trying again.
  • droberts3311
    Options
    Try oat bran, I use that instead of oatmeal. Love it, stays with me longer.:flowerforyou:
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else click this link hoping that it would be another online comic who is just like The Oatmeal?

grocery2.jpg
  • vincentpatel0
    vincentpatel0 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Try oat bran cereal. Or quinoa, instead. You can also use cooked rice if that's your thing. But not sure about subbing in a baked recipe...

Do you know what is bothering you? It could be the gluten, in which case check to make sure you're using gluten free oats. Alternatively, I'm not sure how to sub for oats in a baked oatmeal dish, but you can try using raw buckwheat groats and grinding them into a flour, instead. What recipe are you using?

Good luck!