Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Is it just me or...

Options
The day after eating mass amounts of food (yesterday, for example) I look disgusting the next day. My stomach is huge and bloated. My pants are quite fitted. I just feel blah.

But the worst part is how I look physically. I could pass for a 6 month pregnant woman.

So, is it just me or do some of you suffer from this the next day, too? Sucks.

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I was insane enough to step on the scale today, knowing full well that it would be a higher number. I "gained" a pound. Hoping it will be gone Monday.

The oddest thing is that I cannot stop burping, and it tastes like stuffing and broccoli cheese casserole...no joke!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Actually when I carb up (increase my carbs after lowering them for specific fat loss purposes) I feel GREAT and look great too...different people, different effects.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Yes, until I walked 4 miles... I feel much better :-)
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    A food baby... lol
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I was insane enough to step on the scale today, knowing full well that it would be a higher number. I "gained" a pound. Hoping it will be gone Monday.

The oddest thing is that I cannot stop burping, and it tastes like stuffing and broccoli cheese casserole...no joke!

Only a pound?! That's AWESOME. I didn't even bother weighing myself this morning. I know for a fact the scale would've been up 3-4 pounds. That's too funny about the burps...i think we have all been there. haha
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    A food baby... lol

Oh for sure... like food triplets!
  • jenniferlee72
    jenniferlee72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

One thing to bear in mind...is that water weight or actual fat weight?

Remember that it takes a deficit of 3500 calories to lose a pound of fat...stay focused on the lifestyle and know that the 1 lb should be off!!!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I find a day's fast after a blow-out helps get back to normal quickly. I'm going to do that after Christmas this year. I felt about 8 months pregnant after the Christmas before last & could hardly walk. :embarassed: