Bretty Crocker lemon cake w/ Diet 7-up

tammietifanie
tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
Im making Lemon cake with Diet 7-up instead of adding eggs, water and oil but can't figure out how many calories are in a slice or i was thinking making cup cakes out of them so how would i figure this out ????PLEASE HELP

Replies

• When I made something similar, I just saw what the cake mix was calorie-wise(should be on box), then divided by how many slices I made.The diet drink had no calories. Good luck!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Read the box carefully, though--most of the time it will be something like 1/12th=190 calories, for example--so be sure to check your math! (I'm going to try one of these for my birthday!)
  • That sounds interesting. So it's just the cake mix and diet 7 up? How much of the 7 up do you use?
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    A can or 12 oz. You could also use seltzer water.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    What's this ??? I've never heard of this....Just the Cake mix and the 7-up...nothing else ...then bake as directed?

:smile: This could be something I might want to try.

Laura:wink:
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    this sounds yummy..might have to try this..and if you figure out the calories and other nutrions will you please post for the rest of us..:flowerforyou: I have never even heard of this before.. just wondering what it would be like with suger free pudding if you would slice it and make it a layered cake with pudding (vanalia or cream cheese pudding) or even add it to the top as a icing...just a thought:tongue: any thoughts on that:ohwell:
  • I just checked a chocolate cake mix-says 160 for 12 servings.(mix only) So, if you made 24 cupcakes, they should be 80 each. 12 pieces of cake-160 each, etc. I used chocolate and diet cherry coke. I haven't made it lately. I think they also have lower calorie cake mixes. I also put a dollop of fat free cool whip on it. Not too bad!!
  • You can make this cake with other flavors of cake, too. I've made chocolate and strawberry supreme cake mixes. Strawberry is AWESOME! We just call this "weight watcher cake" where I work. Also for the icing, we use a 12 oz. container of fat free Cool whip. YUMMY!! You won't believe how moist the cake is! Good luck!
  • DivaReese
    DivaReese Posts: 8 Member
    I've done this before and it is wonderful!!!

I use the Pillsbury Pudding in the Mix (they also have a reduced sugar that I have used - tastes the same) , 1 can of Diet Sprite or 7-Up and 1 egg white. It comes out so moist, the cake sticks to your fingers...yummm. Enjoy!!

:)
  • olivianjohnsmom
    olivianjohnsmom Posts: 20 Member
    Here is a recipe for cup cakes with lemon/lime soda from Hungry Girl.com.....another AWESOME website!!

Mellow Yellow
    Here you go, people -- totally simple, totally guilt-free vanilla cupcakes that you can make in your very own home. And, EXCITING NEWS, they're a bit larger and fluffier than the average HG cupcake. Let the vanilla begin!

Ingredients:

For Frosting
    1 1/4 cups Cool Whip Free, thawed
    1 1/2 tbsp. Jell-O Sugar Free Fat Free Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix

For Cupcakes
    Half of an 18.25-oz. box (about 1 1/2 cups) moist-style yellow cake mix
    3/4 tsp. baking powder
    1 cup Sprite Zero (or another diet lemon-lime soda), room temperature
    1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/2 cup liquid egg whites or (about 4) raw egg whites

For Topping
    3 tbsp. rainbow sprinkles

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

To make the frosting, combine Cool Whip with pudding mix in a bowl, and mix until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until cupcakes are ready to be frosted.

In a large bowl, combine cake mix with baking powder and stir until free of lumps. Add soda and vanilla extract, and stir or whisk until batter is smooth. Set aside.

In a separate bowl, whip egg whites with a handheld electric mixer set to medium speed until fluffy, about 1 - 2 minutes. Gently mix egg whites into the cake batter until thoroughly combined.

Line 9 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute batter among the 9 cups. Cups will be VERY full -- this is okay!

Bake for 15 - 17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out fairly clean. Set aside and allow to cool completely.

Once cupcakes have cooled, top each evenly with the frosting and 1 tsp. sprinkles. Chomp chomp!

MAKES 9 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 frosted cupcake with sprinkles
    Calories: 164
    Fat: 3g
    Sodium: 293mg
    Carbs: 30g
    Fiber: 0g
    Sugars: 16g
    Protein: 2.5g

POINTS® value 4*
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    I used 1 box betty crocker lemon cake mix, 8oz of diet 7-up, and three egg whites , Frosting i use whip cream OMG...Im in Heaven.... I made them in to cupcakes so i can add the whip cream as i eat them.. They are so moist and yummy!!!! I still don't know how many calories but i figured 1 cup cake with 2 tsp whip can't be more then 200 calories... Also i have made Carrot cake mix with diet dr pepper YUMMY!!!! My whole family couldn't stop eating it... and another good one is Diet coke and chocolate cake mix... I still want to try Diet creme soda and vanilla cake mix and see how that comes out ....
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    :tongue: Thank you....will be making that SOON!

Yum Yum:love: Laura
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    My son is allergic to eggs, and my mother-in-law told me about this recipe where you use a can of pumpkin. You just take a box cake mix and a regular size can of pumpkin, that's it! It is thicker than usualy but bakes up the same. I used chocolate and could barely taste it. Plus, a can of pumpkin add nutrients and fiber. I haven't tried it with any other cake but have heard that it is super tasty with a spice cake mix.
  • chrisd0201
    chrisd0201 Posts: 23 Member
    We were talking about this last week on another thread....try mixing a spice cake or a carrot cake with a can of pumpkin. That's all. Nothing else. It is delicious. And it is moist enough you don't need frosting.
This discussion has been closed.