craving sweet stuff on evenings

Options
im 5"2 started out at 10stone 2. now down to 8stone 5lbs. recently ive startes wanted chocolate on an evening. ive have really changed my overall eating. smaller portions lots if fruit and veg. swapped tpo brown bread, brown pasta etc. cut down apart from toast on marg. make more honemade stuff etx etc. and i felt like well as lobg as u eat chocolate in moderation and nit everyday....but its starting to becone everyday. and im worried that the weight is going to come back on. help!

Replies

• Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    One thing I did to circumvent my chocolate cravings, and it has worked although I don't really 'crave' it much to begin with personally, is pick up some Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds. They are coated in chocolate so you get the flavor of such without a lot of the bad crap for you. You could try to incorporate healthy chocolate-covered nuts or something similar into your diet.

Best of luck! :)
  • DeeNann
    Options
    I love chocolate, in almost any form. What I do in the evenings if I'm craving it, is have 2 squares of Lindt dark chocolate with sea salt. It curbs my chocolate cravings and salt cravings. Doesn't hurt me too bad on the calorie or carb count either.
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i have a square of Lindt dark 90% chocolate now and then to keep away the chocolate cravings
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I find the best things to help a sweet tooth are sugar free jelly and low fat hot chocolate. Both are fairly low cal but are good for the chocolate cravings.
  • cyberblonde
    cyberblonde Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just have a square or two as well. Break off the choc and leave it in the kitchen, if you are lazy like me then it can help to stop you having more!
  • FitGoal165
    Options
    When I would get a chocolate craving I would eat the Jello Chocolate Mousse. It was great but they've been discontinued (sigh). Now I am trying the 100 calorie Keebler cookies or Skinny Cow Ice Cream. So far, so good.
  • zen_kat
    Options
    I'll third the idea of just a few squares of dark chocolate. I "splurge" moneywise and buy the Green & Blacks Oragnic dark chocolate. (I figure if I'm gonna only eat a little bit, I'm gonna eat the really good stuff.) and the serving size is like almost half the bar. I never eat the whole serving at once -- it's too rich. But the darker chocolate seems to hit the spot and stop the cravings with just a few small squares rather than wanting to eat the whole bar. Plus I've always heard that the darker is better for you than lighter/milk chocolate.

I wish I could offer more suggestions, but chocolate is still a struggle for me too. Though I've noticed if I don't eat it as often, I don't crave it as much. I don't know if there's any science that concept or not, though.
  • CaitySins
    CaitySins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Why not eat those low calorie chocolate cereal snacks? (I don't really like chocolate, but I've have cereal snacks without it below 50 cals, so a drizzle of chocolate on it shouldn't add much)

I find when you're trying to keep the cravings off, gum is beast. The chewing helps trick my stomach into thinking i've ate (:
  • kalimay2
    kalimay2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'll eat a chocolate protein bar or if I want fewer calories I'll drink fat free/sugar free hot cocoa. It's 20 calories and satisfies the craving.