Intermittent Fasting?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Tagging for the above - I have seen a few studies specifically re women and want to read them and the above when I get time.
  • mindyjo74
    mindyjo74 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am very interested in trying intermittent fasting to try to shed some extra belly fat. My only hesitation is the fact that im hypoglycemic, but i do take meds to keep my sugar level up. I was just curious if any of you have tried it with this condition and how it affected you?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I am very interested in trying intermittent fasting to try to shed some extra belly fat. My only hesitation is the fact that im hypoglycemic, but i do take meds to keep my sugar level up. I was just curious if any of you have tried it with this condition and how it affected you?

There is no appreciable benefit from a weight loss perspective from doing IF and not doing it. If is fits your schedule, great. But otherwise, a basic non IF calorie deficit, preferably with some strength training, works just as well.
  • mindyjo74
    mindyjo74 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

There is no appreciable benefit from a weight loss perspective from doing IF and not doing it. If is fits your schedule, great. But otherwise, a basic non IF calorie deficit, preferably with some strength training, works just as well.

Everything i have read about it says it can help you shed more body fat. Have you tried it?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Everything i have read about it says it can help you shed more body fat. Have you tried it?

What have you read that shows this? I do an informal IF as I do not eat until after noon - but that has nothing to do with weight loss and everything to do with the fact that it fits into my eating patterns
  • stubbseyt
    stubbseyt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hi
    i am doing I.F. i have been doing it about 6 weeks now and it really has kick started my weight loss. My body had got into a strange pattern of weight loss and slowed down rather a lot, so i decided to change to introduce some new foods (i am doing low carb the rest of the time) and fast for 2 days a week, being a woman that is 500 calories on those days. the only other rule is the fasting days can not be together, you have to have one clear day in between but other than that you can do them whenever you want and eat what ever you want.

i read up on JUDDD and 5/2 read the articles in the telegraph and what was written about the Horizon program, i decided 5/2 would be best for me, 5 days normal 2 days fasting. I was particularly interested not only in the weight loss side of it but the body repairing itself too. i had a lot of aches and pains, the fact that it increases life expectancy too, figured it would be better to live longer and fitter! since doing it, i have noticed that the majority of my aches and pains have gone, i enjoy the feeling of being empty on my down days, and i find it gives me a great sense of wellbeing.

can't be bad!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I do alternate day fasting and have lost 93 of my 103 pounds doing it. I love it.