Virgin Islands Vacation Pics

Options

Replies

• HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Wow! Nice job! And your blog was pretty cool. Your 40 lb loss looks really great on you.. I liked how I could see your diary, and your little recipes on there. Congrats on such a awesome vacation too.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Love love love your blog. I tried the Dukan diet and only gave it up because of negative comments from other dieters. Really glad to see the positive side. Well done on your loss, you look great.
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the posts and the comments on the blog!
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I think the Dukan Diet is a great way to wean off processed foods and refined sugars. After my attack phase all I wanted was veggies, and I was never a big veggie eater. My body just craved them! Ever since then I've been hooked- I've modified the diet a lot b/c I don't think it's super healthy to eat that amount of protein non-organic. Don't get me wrong, it's still better than what I was eating before, but I think Dukan as it is, is just a great head-start to drop the pounds. It's great discipline without being impossible. After being on it for a while, I transitioned to a more whole-foods diet, and then I ate mostly raw- this is when I felt at my VERY best! Life crept in and I didn't stick with my primarily raw diet, but I have still maintained a great lifestyle, I do eat badly from time to time, but I eat healthy-bad foods- I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but it's true. Once you cut out all the JUNK from your diet, you get used to it, and it's not even food anymore, what you do consider food will be what you go to grab. So when I eat, for all those reasons we all eat, when not hungry- I will indulge in some artisan cheese, or a huge bowl of home-made popcorn, or two handfulls of cashews, or a bunch of dates-- just to give you an idea of what pigging out is for me now. I still enjoy cocktails, but opt for vodka-seltzers instead of sugary mojitos and NEVER drink beer anymore. It's these kinds of things that have helped me maintain for almost 6 months, but I'm ready to loose the rest and get of this slump! I'll be blogging about my next journey, now that I just got back from vacation- thanks for your post!