How important is a bench?

Options
2»

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I would rather have a squat rack, if given the choice. Of my main exercises, I only use the bench for bench presses. If you're new, you might be able to do pushups for a while before you get a bench to target the same groups. Eventually you'll need one though.

This statement seems to imply that of the main exercises, you use the squat rack for more than just squats.

THAT IS NOT ALLOWED

OKOKOK- That's not what I meant, and I didn't really mean to suggest that the OP get a squat rack when they can't afford/don't have space for a bench either- it was an offhand comment, meaning "I like squats much better than other things". The statement stands- If I could only do one lift ever again, it would be squats.

OP- you might consider trying a short-term inexpensive gym membership for a couple months before you commit yourself to any specific equipment. This time of year you can get great deals, and that way you could try out some different equipment to see what you like and need for an effective workout that you will stick with.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Like a boss

squat-danger.jpg