My NSV today.

Options
MamaMaryC
MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
I don't really post on the community boards... but I have to share my little victory with people who understand.

For several months I have been in size 8s. Lately, I have been having to pull them up here and there because they have been too baggy. I was going to wait till tax time to go clothes shopping. Or at least till I finally landed in a size where I will stay. Anywhoo... Hubby decided to treat me today and so we went to get me some clothes. The first go 'round I grabbed 6s. I held them up and immediately became discouraged because the waist just looked so small. I was sure I wouldn't be able to button them. Went to the fitting room and tried them on... BAGGY! So I went back to grab the next size down, which were size 4s. Took them too the fitting room and frowned as I viewed the waist and thought to myself, "I will be lucky if I can even get these things past my thighs". Oh no! Not only did these bad boys go past my thighs, they went up past my hips, freaken buttoned, and fit PERFECT!!!! OMGosh!!! My mind was so blown away that I didn't know how to be happy.

Back story! I started this journey at 207 and size 14/16 pant. I have been overweight since I was 9 years old. I cannot remember a time where I enjoyed trying on and buying clothes. I think the tables have turned. :D

Replies

• sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! It has taken me a couple of months to not go for the larger sizes too
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Wow and congratulations!!
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Congratulations! :)
  • fatjoegut
    Options
    Too Cool! I am thrilled to hear this kind of story, Happy happy happy for you!
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! It has taken me a couple of months to not go for the larger sizes too

^^^ Exactly. I kept looking at the size 12s today. There was one cute pair I kept thinking they would fit perfect and look great. I had to do a palm-to-forehead smack to remind myself that wasn't my size anymore. :D

And thank you MFPers. I am glad to find people who understand.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!