the Wave

Options
I recently got the Wave system by the Firm. Has anyone else tried this excersising system who has any tips to help me on my journey, that would be greatly appreciated. As well, what do you think about it, is it pretty good?
As for me I've tried it for a few days and its a real nice workout.

Replies

• Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I found this dvd at a thrift shop for only $3! I need to find the actual wave thingy now...lol
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I had my hubby pick this up for me while I was pregnant with our 4th last year. Didn't open it up until a week or two ago and all that was in the box was the wave step!! We are now looking on amazon and ebay to see how much the dvds are alone and if anyone has the workout schedule with them. I have another firm system, the box that goes from 6in to 14in, and LOVED it when I used it. It will be what I use when I'm done with Insanity next weekend. I always found the program hard at first, but only because I have coordination issues.lol. Spent alot of my time laughing while trying to figure out what the heck I was suppose to be doing, but once I got the steps down, it was great. The firm workout, along with pilates, is what helped me lose the baby weight with my first 2. So try not to get too frustrated. Oh, and the instructors always seemed cheesy, but I still liked it.
  • fhc2013
    fhc2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What foods do you or should you eat more of while doing this system/ program
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Everyone will have a different opinion of nutrition. Here is what I believe in
    1. Calories are king, stay in the calorie range that MFP has given you for your activity and body. You need to eat enough
    2. Drink enough water
    3. I try to eat most clean foods when I can-foods closest to nature- I just feel better when I do this and it helps me focus on getting enough fresh veggies and fruits, and lean protein first rather than through processed stuff like boxes of cookies or stuff
    4. I try to focus on what I need to eat not what I can't or should not be eating. For example the oatmeal and apple at breakfast give me fiber and good vitamins. The big salad at lunch also has good vitamins and minerals that might prevent cancer. The healthy chicken or turkey gives my muscles protein. The cheese gives my bones calcium.
    5. Eat in moderation. I don't eat perfectly all the time. I might have some ice cream on the weekend. I might go out to a restaurant with my mom. Thanksgiving for example. I strive for balance and believe that if I don't eat like that all of the time, I can have something once in a while.
    Others might have better advice
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Everyone will have a different opinion of nutrition. Here is what I believe in
    1. Calories are king, stay in the calorie range that MFP has given you for your activity and body. You need to eat enough
    2. Drink enough water
    3. I try to eat most clean foods when I can-foods closest to nature- I just feel better when I do this and it helps me focus on getting enough fresh veggies and fruits, and lean protein first rather than through processed stuff like boxes of cookies or stuff
    4. I try to focus on what I need to eat not what I can't or should not be eating. For example the oatmeal and apple at breakfast give me fiber and good vitamins. The big salad at lunch also has good vitamins and minerals that might prevent cancer. The healthy chicken or turkey gives my muscles protein. The cheese gives my bones calcium.
    5. Eat in moderation. I don't eat perfectly all the time. I might have some ice cream on the weekend. I might go out to a restaurant with my mom. Thanksgiving for example. I strive for balance and believe that if I don't eat like that all of the time, I can have something once in a while.
    Others might have better advice

I think this is great!! I think the nutrition guide for the set I have said to get around 1600 calories, but I think that's adjustable depending on what each person needs.
  • fhc2013
    fhc2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    thank you, for all the feedback you've given me.

I wish you the best of luck on your fitness goals.