Lose 20 pounds in 3 to 4 weeks?

Options
Lose 20 pounds in 3 to 4 weeks? This is the "diet" and to me it seems healthy. Here are the 7 steps: 1. Get motivated. Believe that you can do this. 2. Eat 4 meals a day at least every 3 to 4 hours apart.3. Eat at least 2 raw fruits or vegetables before each meal. Raw fruits and veggies help burn fat and are better for you. 4. After the raw fruit and veggies, eat a meal that is between 0-300 calories. Eat healthy! 5. Drink at least one liter of iced cold water a day. 6. Exercise 45 minutes, 3-4 times a week. 7. Drink green tea. I'm going to try this. Would love to lose the 20 pounds by Christmas. Anyone want to try with me? We may not lose 20 pounds in 4 weeks but it would be fun to try it and see what we do lose?

Replies

• angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    the concepts are good..but I am not a green tea fan :(
    I also exercise 6 days a week :)
    I'll try most of it..no green tea though..
  • houseofcorbin
    Options
    Im no expert and i am all for losing weight, i just don't know if losing so much weight is healthy? i have read research and have heard experts talk about only losing 1-2 pounds a week.

Wish you the best of luck keep us posted
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    4 meals a day consisting of 300 calories of less, PLUS 45 minutes of exercise... That doesn't sound healthy, unless you're really short and/or your metabolism is extra slow!

I'm all for raw fruits and veggies, though. For whatever reason, eating raw citrus fruits seems to really help me lose weight, compared to when I'm consuming the same amount of calories (without eating citrus fruits regularly) and exercising the same. Of course, this is just a casual observation, not a scientific study, so I'm not going to say citrus fruits are magical weight loss helpers... But I will heartily advocate daily consumption of raw fruits!
  • tiffanypettyjohn
    Options
    4 meals a day consisting of 300 calories of less, PLUS 45 minutes of exercise... That doesn't sound healthy, unless you're really short and/or your metabolism is extra slow!

I'm all for raw fruits and veggies, though. For whatever reason, eating raw citrus fruits seems to really help me lose weight, compared to when I'm consuming the same amount of calories (without eating citrus fruits regularly) and exercising the same. Of course, this is just a casual observation, not a scientific study, so I'm not going to say citrus fruits are magical weight loss helpers... But I will heartily advocate daily consumption of raw fruits!

^ This ^
    In order to perform that much exercise, you need more calories than that. The rest of it sounds totally do-able though! Good luck :)
  • mrsleonard12
    mrsleonard12 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Did this work for you?
  • HerbieMomof9
    Options
    I was googling diets on the internet and found this post. I am already a My Fitness pal member and I was wondering if you did the diet and lost the weight?
  • mrswestmoreland
    mrswestmoreland Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The plan you listed is from nowloss.com. The 1200 calories allowed does not include the calories you get from the fruits and vegetables. And I did the plan for 4 weeks. At the same time I cut out meat. My exercise consisted of 3 days of high interval training plus 2 days of 30-40 min slow running (about 13MPH pace). I ate pizza and snack cakes every Friday (I know I don't know why I did that, but it was good) at the end of the 4 weeks I was down 15 lbs. But I did go up a little from my Friday meals and some days I didn't drop. I've been off the plan the week and will start back on it Monday. For me it was good, not only because I lost weight but it forced me to get in my fruits and vegetables. I didn't do the green tea or anything like that. My meals were breakfast: 2 apples or 1 grapefruit followed by protein shake, lunch was salad followed by soup, snack was almonds, dinner was 1/2 c of beans and 1/2 c of brown rice with cheese. snack was 220 cal of frozen greek yogurt. I only ate between 10 am-8 pm. My water intake was at least 10-13 cups a day.
  • IranianBirthright
    Options
    I definitely think that this is at least close to doable. My plan is to have fruit/protein shakes for breakfast, followed by a low cal snack like 3 hours later (120-200 cals), salad with protein for lunch, if it is a running day, then another protein shake after that, and a good dinner with veggies, carbs, and protein. I have been doing a lot of cheating, but I noticed that once I lost five pounds in one week without exercising by having baked salad twice a day, fruit smothies for breakfast, and adding some seasoned brown rice at dinner time.
  • rencawdor24
    rencawdor24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have come across this before and it sounds like a good diet to me, although I can't exercise everyday.

I might use this plan later in the year when I have more time on my hands to plans meals. I would be very interested to hear of other's results using this.

I have 22lb to lose AND WOULD LOVE TO LOSE IT BY CHRISTMAS!
  • itsvalerie_v
    itsvalerie_v Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really want to try these, did u just start? I need to loose 20lbs by nov 10 :( is this possible? ;)
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    This sounds silly to me. What have "ice cold water" and green tea got to do with losing weight? Yes, drink to be hydrated, but the temperature of the water and green tea are not special. And I love raw veggies/fruit (heck, I'm eating them right now as I type!), but they have nothing special about them that will make you lose weight.

It all sounds very, well, dull and un-fun. My guess is unless you like to eat like this anyway, you'll get bored fast and then be beating yourself up because you gave up.
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Isn't this a zombie thread?
  • Turning_Hopes_to_Habits
    Options
    I lost 19 pounds in 4 weeks, wasn't hard. I didn't follow these rules per se, but I made sure to eat whole grains, fresh fruits, and fresh vegetables every day. For most days, at least one fresh fruit was a grapefruit and at least some of the fresh vegetables were leafy greens. I did drink green tea most days, just because I heard it's good for you.

Of course, it was the first month and I was 120 pounds overweight, so at the end of the day, I think THAT is why I dropped so much.

If I were only 20 pounds overweight? I would think this an unhealthy goal and close to unattainable. There is the school of thought that says that setting a high goal that you don't meet is still a good thing because you will have made a lot of progress trying, but then there are people like me who don't feel a lot of difference between failing by a little and failing by a lot, so might as well have cake. :blush:
  • Turning_Hopes_to_Habits
    Options
    Shoot, it IS a zombie thread. Sorry...
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Lose 20 pounds in 3 to 4 weeks? This is the "diet" and to me it seems healthy. Here are the 7 steps: 1. Get motivated. Believe that you can do this. 2. Eat 4 meals a day at least every 3 to 4 hours apart.3. Eat at least 2 raw fruits or vegetables before each meal. Raw fruits and veggies help burn fat and are better for you. 4. After the raw fruit and veggies, eat a meal that is between 0-300 calories. Eat healthy! 5. Drink at least one liter of iced cold water a day. 6. Exercise 45 minutes, 3-4 times a week. 7. Drink green tea. I'm going to try this. Would love to lose the 20 pounds by Christmas. Anyone want to try with me? We may not lose 20 pounds in 4 weeks but it would be fun to try it and see what we do lose?

My gut feeling is that your ability to judge a healthy diet needs working on (have a look at the thread below, it has educated me and hundreds if no thousands of people). A lot of the weight you will shed by following the proposed diet will be water and lean body mass. I'm guessing after 4 weeks you will have burned no more that 6 or 7 lb of fat with 6-7 lb of lean body mass (muscle) and the rest water. Although we want quick fixes our bodies are complete bi*ches in that they stick to the basic laws of biochemistry no martter what we do. Have a look for the sexypants thread (do a search for MFP sexypants in google and it will fetch you back here).

Good luck, my advice is don't do this though.
  • SarahJohnson1234
    SarahJohnson1234 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling

I bought a food diary to help me log foods. I've tried a few diaries and found an easy one to use 'food diary and exercise log by dr Joseph Reece'. The calorie counting diaries was a bit tricky to work out when being out and about so I used this one to quickly log foods. It has motivational quotes at the top of each page which is fun and keeps you going But everyone has different uses :)

I find it helps me keep ontop of foods and I highlight junk food so I can flick through to see what I have eaten that's bad. The less highlighter I see, the better :)

Good luck!!!!
  • patriciamoreno991
    Options
    If your not a fan of green tea, a great alternative is earl grey tea. It has a citrus taste to it and I absoultly love it. I have about 32 ounces of it a day. 16 ounces in the morning before breakfast and 16 ounces before bedtime:)