Bodybugg? Do you own one?

Options
I am a huge Chalene Johnson fan and she swears by her bodybugg. so am looking to see what others say about it..

If you ahve any advice to give about the bodybugg please let me know.. I am just about to buy one...

If you dont knwo what one is check it out here:

http://turbokick.com/blog/2009/06/i-love-bodybugg-in-depth-review-and.html

Replies

• Questfor250
    Options
    I have a bodybugg and it works for me. I am not a fan of their food diary though. Their database is not current and it requires that YOU enter all of your own data. MFP runs circles around APex with their diary. BB says I am burning on average 3500 calories per day. It is easy to wear on my left triceps. I wear it all day and night except for showering. The fact that it says my BMR is so high motivates me to keep on this diet of 1800 calories. I recommend it. It is rather pricey but it works. Very well.
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have a bodybugg and it works for me. I am not a fan of their food diary though. Their database is not current and it requires that YOU enter all of your own data. MFP runs circles around APex with their diary. BB says I am burning on average 3500 calories per day. It is easy to wear on my left triceps. I wear it all day and night except for showering. The fact that it says my BMR is so high motivates me to keep on this diet of 1800 calories. I recommend it. It is rather pricey but it works. Very well.

Do you have to pay the fees to be a member of their site to see how many calories you burn? Or does the bug itself tell you that information? I guess what I am asking is do you log into bodybug.com to see what you burn and then log into MFP and log that info or can you just see it on your device and then log it into MFP?
  • lahlie
    lahlie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This is my questions about it. What does it do that we aren't already doing here, using our own HRM that tell our calorie burn. Maybe I am missing something, but to me it seems that I am essentially getting the same information here and from my HRM that it gives me and I dont have to subscribe to anything and pay for anything extra....
  • Questfor250
    Options
    That was one downside to bodybugg. After the first 6 months you have to pay to be a part of their site. Honestly, I will be ready to be done with bodybugg by then. My sole purpose to purchasing was to figure out my actual BMR. It proved that my metabolism works pretty hard to support my big guy body.

As far as putting boybugg data onto MFP I am not sure you can put in BMR measurements. Can you?
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    This is my questions about it. What does it do that we aren't already doing here, using our own HRM that tell our calorie burn. Maybe I am missing something, but to me it seems that I am essentially getting the same information here and from my HRM that it gives me and I dont have to subscribe to anything and pay for anything extra....

Does the heart rate monitor calculate calories burned all day?
  • lahlie
    lahlie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Well, I wore mine all day at school.....so as long as you wear the chest strap and the watch, yeah, it will.....
  • jenstalder
    Options
    i bought my bodybugg and it will be here in the next day.. After doing a bunch of research on the bodybugg compared to the HRM.. i decided the bodybugg was better. Alot more accurate.. I like to know exactly what i am burning rather than an extimate.. The HRM's slip and slide and dont track properly.. so we will see...'

very excited to get it.
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I actually just ordered one for my hubby and I today. I am soooo excited to get it. I had a HRM that I was so unhappy with. I too want to get a highly accurate picture of what I am doing. This will help me to adjust my workouts to the level where I want to be. I don't think you can enter your BMI, but it WOULD help you more accurately choose which level of activity you want to set for yourself. I have mine set to sedentary, as I don't work right now. But I do have 5 kids and am carrying around a baby a lot. So my BMR may be higher than what I am giving myself credit for. It may not change a thing I am doing right now. But, I like to have all of the information for a more accurate picture.

Right now 24 hour fitness is running a special that you get the digital watch display for free. It runs through the end of the month. My understanding is it syncs with the arm band and then you can check where you're at any time through out the day.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    I do not own a bodybugg but I did own a sportbrain years ago (Oprah even did a show about it). Not sure if anyone remembers this gadget, but it was the same concept...you wear it all day (you strapped it on your belt, I think it worked in the same way as a pedometer) you then downloaded the information and it would give you a readout on your activities throughout the day along with your calorie expenditure. It was a very nifty device and the website had advice and other helpful information, but sadly to say the business filed bankruptcy and those who owned these expensive gadgets were left high and dry. The company did get bought and began charging for monthly online service, but from what I understand they also suffered from financial problems. From doing some research, I think the site still exists but there is no active support and it runs basically automatically (break down...if your appliance breaks you are SOL). As far as bodybugg goes, I would be adament to make sure the company is going to withstand the test of time before investing that kind of money. MFP is fairly accurate in predicting energy expenditure based on my HRM, give or take 10 calories here and there. Good luck for those who already invested.

Cheers!
  • jenstalder
    Options
    didnt get it today but maybe tomorrow.. going to chase the big brown truck down for my bodybugg...

I decided to invest in it due to Chalene Johnson ranting about it.. Everything that she promotes is legitt... For those of you who dont know who she is she is the instructor for Turbo Jams. form beachbody..

here is her webiste..www.turbokick.com.

I love her and she has never let me down....