New to myfitnesspal....and excited!

Options
A friend of mine recommended this site to me. I weigh 240 lbs. I have never lost any significant amount of weight in my life. I have always been steadily getting heavier, but have always been overweight. I have 3 boys, one with Cerebral Palsy and is in a wheelchair. I desperately want to loose 100 pounds to make caring for him, and keeping up with my other boys easier. Being thinner will be a boost to my marriage too! My husband and I have changed our eating over the past month. Much more fresh fruits and veggies, more salads, and lean meats. We already feel better, and may have lost a few pounds. I am hoping this site will give me more ideas, and encouragement. Loosing 100 pounds seems like an impossible task, especially since I have so much on my plate already! But I am determined! Are there any reading this who have lost a significant amount of weight? Please tell me what worked for you! I am excited to be using this incredible tool to help me reach my goal! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    Hey Jeanette, I'm pretty new as well, but this is definitely a welcoming and supportive group of people.
    I've got about 85 to lose myself!
    Good Luck!
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome!! this site is great!! i started 1 month ago at 229 and im already down 14lbs!!! this site gives me the support and motivation i dont have at home :) i also have a sick child. she's 7 and severely mentally and physically disabled, also in a wheel chair. i also want to be healthier to care for her. shes hard to lift sometimes!!!! good luck on your journey, i will add u as a friend!
  • tamkay51
    tamkay51 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I didn't know about this group about Cerebral Palsy. My niece told me about it. I have mild cerebral palsy which is mostly on my left side. I use a cane most of the time when I'm walking for support so I won't fall. I'm 221 lbs. which I lost 4 lbs. in a few weeks. Since I also have a seizure disorder which is under control now, and a low thyroid. I know that God put everyone with a disability on earth for a very special reason. Sorry this is too long. My name is Tamara, sorry about that for not introducing myself at the very first thing. I am in special olympics this year, and really enjoy it. I'm glad that I found you all. I'm married for 20 yrs,no children. I have challenges everyday, It takes me longer to do things, but I get them done. Sorry this is so long.
  • helen_baird
    helen_baird Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi there Jeanette and WELCOME ..I'm new myself...:smile:
  • helen_baird
    Options
    :happy: That is Brilliant Fooja...keep up the good work..fantastic!!!
  • helen_baird
    Options
    :smile: Hey Jeanette I lost 5st and kept it off for over 3 years, but put it back on when I had to care for my Aunt (Cancer) I gave up the ciggys at the same time, not a brilliant idea my aunt sadly died and I went back on the ciggys...Thang God I'm off them now and have been for over 1 year, but I need to loose at least 2 st I just cant breath! so lets help one another I'll add u as a friend if u dont mind ..:flowerforyou:
  • mlhjjm
    mlhjjm Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me as a friend. This is a great site for support!