gaining weight,desperate girl

Options
I've been logging since 2 months and i've been dieting since 2 months with ups and down of mood,patience and motivation. Started being really active coz i really want to look healthy so bad so i started exercising on my own coz tbh don't have time to enjoy my friends at gyms; started biking,hoping (hula hop and not hula fit wii),started using zumba fit for wii console ,started walking A LOT and for all day long i was on my feet feeling full of energy. Firstly i tried a 1200 calories diet but for me they were too few and felt so deprived and tbh felt like starving so i switched my calories to 1300/1400 after 3/4 weeks of diet.I've always drunken A LOT OF WATER to flush my body and stuff.Then halloween came and felt horrible when i overate that night because for 2 or 3 days before i had been eating alway a little bit more of my calorie daily goal. It seemed like i had lost my motivation to success but then thanks to someone on here whose name i can't even remeber i started again and even more motivated.1st November I started again being really constant in my diet but switched my calories to 1500/1600 and eating really healthy food fruit,vegetables but also pasta,meat and fish being careful not to eat over my daily goal.
NOW THAT'S THE PROBLEM: first month - lost 2/2.5 kilos ;after i switched my calories to 1500 it seemed like it was not good for losing: in first two weeks of november i lost 1 kilo but since last sunday it seemed like i've been gaining weight back.Really can't get it: i weighted last sunday and i was 57.5 kilos while this morning i'm 59 kilos.Does it make any sense? I don't think these kilos are composed by fat because i've been eating healthy,doing physical activity almost everyday,i've been drunking a lot of water and havent had junk but a pair of candy everyday just to have something sweet in my mouth. What should i do now?Came back to 1200 calories and now i'm waiting to find a solution to this problem,i gain and don't lose :(

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    as women we tend to hold onto water as our monthly cycles approach...could this be your issue? If so, wait a week or so, and it should fall back off.

It sounds like you need a rest day with no exercise. I find that if I weigh in after several days of exercise, I weigh more. So if I workout Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, I won't *count* any gain that I might show on Wednesday.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i find when you switch it up too quickly you don't know if it's really goign to work. when you up your cals the 1st few weeks arn't a good indicator on what will actually happen afterwards. some times the first 2 weeks you gain and then it all starts to come off after that, etc... It depends on how much weight you have to lose and what you are exactly eating too. when i started i went to 1200 cals and exercised like crazy, the weight was coming off but slowly, only 2 lbs max a MONTH! I had to remember that i gain 3 lbs at my monthly cycle, i gain weight easily if i have too much sodium and i retain water when exercising especially when i change my programs.... it was a lot to learn and understand and how to figure it all out and what to do about some of it. Always make sure you get min 1 rest day a week. do you eat exercise cals back? do you measure and weigh your portions?> do you count everything in your cals, sides, sauces, etc?
  • Amb_er100
    Options
    i find when you switch it up too quickly you don't know if it's really goign to work. when you up your cals the 1st few weeks arn't a good indicator on what will actually happen afterwards. some times the first 2 weeks you gain and then it all starts to come off after that, etc... It depends on how much weight you have to lose and what you are exactly eating too. when i started i went to 1200 cals and exercised like crazy, the weight was coming off but slowly, only 2 lbs max a MONTH! I had to remember that i gain 3 lbs at my monthly cycle, i gain weight easily if i have too much sodium and i retain water when exercising especially when i change my programs.... it was a lot to learn and understand and how to figure it all out and what to do about some of it. Always make sure you get min 1 rest day a week. do you eat exercise cals back? do you measure and weigh your portions?> do you count everything in your cals, sides, sauces, etc?
    I don't eat all my calories back because i want to create a deficit so most of times i eat my calories + 100/200 calories back,i measure ,nearly obsessed with that,all my portions and food in generaland i count also olive oil cause that's basically the only thing i use to season my food
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Cant see your diary.

Cant help!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I'm a little worried to be honest. Your only 126lb, your profile says your ashamed... Things that your wrote look like you have a very negative association with food. I certainly don't think going lower on calories is the answer and you probably need to work on shaping your body rather than losing more weight. A good all over body strength training programme would be a great idea, but for that you need to be eating enough. You describe yourself as almost obsessed... To be honest I think you may need a little chat with your doctor.

Zara :flowerforyou:
  • lin7604
    Options
    plus when you get so close to your goal or your at your body's comfortable weight it is EXTRA hard... i know i am fighting right now with it for months. i had 5 more lbs to hit my final goal and i can't hit it for the life of me! I measure / weigh all my food, log everything, exercise when i can and try to eat as healthy as i can but i can't budge at all, i just go up 3 lbs and back down. so i know how frustrating it can be.... how tall are you?
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    plus when you get so close to your goal or your at your body's comfortable weight it is EXTRA hard... i know i am fighting right now with it for months. i had 5 more lbs to hit my final goal and i can't hit it for the life of me! I measure / weigh all my food, log everything, exercise when i can and try to eat as healthy as i can but i can't budge at all, i just go up 3 lbs and back down. so i know how frustrating it can be.... how tall are you?

Are you cutting or calorie cycling?
  • lin7604
    Options
    i have done both, no change. right now i went back to having a 250 cut off my daily cals. i also have always ate my exercise cals so i NET min 1200. i seem to gain when i eat over 1600 and that is my maintenance level as i have been told or read,lol from many sites....my cals are set to 1370 right now.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    i have done both, no change. right now i went back to having a 250 cut off my daily cals. i also have always ate my exercise cals so i NET min 1200. i seem to gain when i eat over 1600 and that is my maintenance level as i have been told or read,lol from many sites....my cals are set to 1370 right now.

I can help you lose the last few.
    PM me and we can figure this out.
    Your intake seems low unless you are very short or very sedentary.