why do we gain ?

first month - lost 2/2.5 kilos ;after i switched my calories to 1500 it seemed like it was not good for losing: in first two weeks of november i lost 1 kilo but since last sunday it seemed like i've been gaining weight back.Really can't get it: i weighted last sunday and i was 57.5 kilos while this morning i'm 59 kilos.Does it make any sense? I don't think these kilos are composed by fat because i've been eating healthy,doing physical activity almost everyday,i've been drunking a lot of water and havent had junk but a pair of candy everyday just to have something sweet in my mouth. What should i do now?Came back to 1200 calories and now i'm waiting to find a solution to this problem,i gain and don't lose :(

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    No mysticism involved.
    Go calculate your total daily energy expenditure: http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
    Eat 15% or so less calories than that.
    Exercise.
    Don't go too far under your TDEE. Always eat at least your "BMR" or basal metabolic rate (found here: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/)

Otherwise, give it plenty of time. Take your measurements (neck, arms, waist, etc) because there's a lot more going on in your body than just losing fat. If you're building muscle and shedding fat, you'll be developing a fantastic look but you won't see the numbers on the scale go down. It will be helpful for you to be able to prove progress some other way, hence, measurements.

If you have a lot of sodium one day, you'll retain more water than you otherwise would have; if you haven't pooped, etc. There are a lot of confounding variables, so you just need to be consistent and patient.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Weight fluctuates, even while we are dieting. Stay strong and you'll eventually work through it. Impatience is natural, but if you let yourself get discouraged and give up it will defeat you.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    I think its all the drunking.
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    I think its all the drunking.

Lol