Gained Weight Over Thanksgiving... Big Surprise... *__*

Options
So I went home for a week from school for Thanksgiving. Pretty sure I gained at least 4 pounds over the week. I ate like a ridiculous fool! Ugh... So ashamed of myself even though it's done. I notice a trend with myself. I don't go home often because I work part time on the weekends and go to school so it's difficult to get off time to go see them. But I have noticed that when I go to their house I eat so differently. I eat so much more unhealthy and eat way more than I normally do. I really noticed it this week, especially with sweets, which are my vice. It's like the old me was coming out again. I felt miserable and I still do but not as bad because I am cleaning out my system. I am back in my town where I go to school and I'm back in my normal eating mode. Moderately healthy, normal proportions, and eat only when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. I'm not sure why I have such a drastic change when I go home. I know the town my parents live in is pretty economically depressed, my parents aren't active people, and the environment that is there is just "BLAH." Here where I go to school it is a fast paced town. There are lots of trails to walk, lots of things to do so I keep busy. I've just been doing extremely well and I thought that I had completely changed my habits but after this past week at home my habits aren't completely changed (Obviously from the way I ate.) It's just in the back of my mind that I will revert back to the old me one day. I don't know, maybe I am making too big a deal out of one week. I feel like I am back on track and my normal routine so I'm hoping to lose more weight. I've got a goal to lose 10 pounds by December 23.

Replies

• mindyp69
    mindyp69 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    First of all let me congratulate you on your 83 pounds loss! Don't beat yourself up! It was thanksgiving after all & I think we all over indulge at that time of year! Small town not much to do? If so you probably ate out of boredom! Going home for Xmas? Good idea is to make a copy of your post & print it out for next time u go home!(maybe even take a pic of yourself before and after your weight loss) Look @ it in the morning to remind yourself hey remember how I felt after thanksgiving? NOT gonna happen again!

I've struggled with weight my whole life & its not easy but if you have some reminder at times like these it might help! I keep a pic of myself @ what I think was my ideal weight loss on the frig to remind myself hey u did it once you CAN do it again!