High protein/low fat or high protein/low carb snack ideas?

Options
Hi guys!

I was just wondering if any of you could help me think of 150 calorie snack ideas that are either protein/fat or protein/carb? If they are portable that is even better as I am on campus most of the time.
The only things I can really think of are nuts and greek yogurt, or rye bread/crackers and turkey. And cottage cheese of course.

Thank you :)

Replies

• foodfathought
    foodfathought Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm also interested in the responses!
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    lean meats, egg whites, whey protein..
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I was just wondering if any of you could help me think of 150 calorie snack ideas that are either protein/fat or protein/carb? If they are portable that is even better as I am on campus most of the time.
    The only things I can really think of are nuts and greek yogurt, or rye bread/crackers and turkey. And cottage cheese of course.

Thank you :)

1. 2 cups of strawberries comes less than 150 calories with around 8g to 9g of protein and 6g of fiber and carbs around 14g to 16g.

2. 1 slice of wheat bread comes around 90 cals, 4g of protein and 2g of fiber and carbs 12g.

3. 60g of green mung beans comes around 208 cal, 34g carbs, 1g fat, 14g protein and 10g fiber.

I am a vegetarian and so i know vegetarian foods only. Hope i helped you. =) Feel free to add me if u want to be my friend.
  • dwoodmanjr
    dwoodmanjr Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Atkins Endulge Coconut Chocolate Bars - really any of the Atkins Light Snack/Endulge bars are a good combination of high protein/low carb. Weight Watchers makes some very good 2-Point bars which are under 100 calories.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I don't think strawberries have that much protein, sadly!

Meat products (but watch the fat content) - fish sticks are about 1g apiece, lean slices of chicken or turkey, very nice laid on a rice cake, beef jerky.

Dairy products - cheese (again, watch the fat) - dairylea light triangle, mini babybels, string cheese, cottage cheese, greek yoghurt. Milk and ice cream.

Beans - roast soy beans or roast broad beans are nice and portable. Bit higher on carbs, though.

Eggs - a hard boiled egg is really easy to carry with you, and has about 7g protein.

Nuts aren't bad, but they are high fat for teh amount of protein you'll get.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Chobani plain 6 ounce - 7 carbs 0 fat 18 protein 80mg sodium -100 calories
    Egg Whites per 3 TBS - 0 carbs 0 fat 5 protein 75mg sodium - 25 calories per serving
    Optimum Nutrition - Gold Standard Whey Protein - 1 scoop - 3g carbs 1g fat 24g 130mg of sodium protein Calories 120 (mixed with water and other brands of whey protein will vary of course)
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    Chobani plain greek yogurt 6 ounce - 7 carbs 0 fat 18 protein 80mg sodium -100 calories
    Egg Whites per 3 TBS - 0 carbs 0 fat 5 protein 75mg sodium - 25 calories per serving
    Optimum Nutrition - Gold Standard Whey Protein - 1 scoop - 3g carbs 1g fat 24g protein 130mg of sodium Calories 120 (mixed with water and other brands of whey protein will vary of course)
    ..... didnt mean to quote meant to hit edit
  • ecilaaa
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! Also I thought most protein bars were high in sugar .. ?
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! Also I thought most protein bars were high in sugar .. ?

most are high is sugar or sugar alcohols so try to avoid if you can... the powder is a lot better
  • ecilaaa
    Options
    Thank you! Do you happen to know any brands that don't use sweeteners as well? Any that taste good I might add lol, or like a stevia sweetened one?
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Protein powder + egg whites + egg whisker + oven = pavlova. :D