Would you do this??

Options
If there was a good condition elliptical/cross trainer type thing by the bins at your flats would you leave it or would you treat it as 'one mans trash is another mans treasure?'

Free workout machine VS no room in flat..

What do you guys think ??

Replies

• niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yup id have that!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you can take it and try it. if it doesnt work then you can always throw it out.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    *YOINK*
  • conleeper
    Options
    I would be snatching that thing up as fast as possible. Tell me where it is and I'll come and get it. LOL
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    *YOINK*

WTH is YOINK?
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    make sure it works before you haul it in.
  • Debdaigle27
    Options
    Yes definitely. If it is by the bins, it's freegame,thesame as puttng at the curbside.
  • littlemeowmaid
    littlemeowmaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    see if it works and looks safe? If it does go for it. haha. I'd only be concerned about the cushiony bits on the handles etc.
    Also I'd wonder why they chucked it out.
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I've got some good stuff from the bin room. Some nice shelves and a full length mirror. Some people just don't want to have to move stuff when they leave.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    One man's trash may be another man's treasure.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    see if it works and looks safe? If it does go for it. haha. I'd only be concerned about the cushiony bits on the handles etc.
    Also I'd wonder why they chucked it out.

this! ^^
  • JoJoKittyfloss
    Options
    As long as it works okay and is safe, and if nobody has claimed it for a while, I say grab it! :D
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    If it still works I'll take it. It'll save me thousands of $ for a new one.
  • runner2runner
    Options
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    *YOINK*

WTH is YOINK?

An exclamation that, when uttered in conjunction with taking an object, immediately transfers ownership from the original owner to the person using the word regardless of previous property rights.
    Though I cherished my automobile, I had to purchase a new one when my second cousin came up from behind me and politely exclaimed, "Yoink" while taking my car keys.

the legal way to steal. Only requires that you say the word "Yoink" and then take desired object.
    "Hey, that's a nice bottle of rum you've got there... 'YOINK!'"

Taken from Urbandictionary
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Have done before. Grabbed one despite having no room in my place for it. Even scored a treadmill. Never used them though (was pre-fitness) .... why not.... if someone threw it out & it's clean & works...go for it. You can work out the room for it later
  • ianlikesholidays
    ianlikesholidays Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi
    If someone is simply throwing it away, it's likely to be a Poggler.
    Ian
  • runner2runner
    Options
  • Larence
    Larence Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    One man's trash may be another man's treasure.

I agree.
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    I would try it out right where it sits. If all seems to be working well i would haul that baby in to my place. AND i would be happy about it. I would not be imbarressed at all. And hey if you don't like it after a bit you can always put it right back where you got it from. It is worth a shot.

The most comfortable piece of furniture i have ever had was one i found in just the same manner. And i have since spent some real money on furniture, Just to realize that i wish i still had my old free comfortable one. : )