Todays exercise will be..... Shoveling Snow!!! (share your

Options
Wolfena
Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
7:30am, here in South Central PA just south of Harrisburg.... 21" measured in my front yard so far. Guess I'll be wearing my HRM to record my snow shoveling exercise today! Maybe I'll be back later on and post some more when the snow finishes falling. :tongue:
Can't wait to see yours! (and if you're somewhere warm and beautiful today, feel free to post those pics to rub it in) :laugh:

My driveway is out there somewhere
snow5feb6.jpg

This would be what you can see of my backyard from my back deck
snow2feb6.jpg

This here would be my deck table and chairs... if you could see it!
Snow3feb6.jpg

Replies

• jchapple
    Options
    Those are brilliant pictures - I've never experienced snow like that, we did well a month ago to have 10" of snow, LOL. The country ground to a halt....... or got faster and couldn't stop because we ran out of road salt :D

Those pictures are beautiful, and I hope you get the summers to match the winters.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    That's what we had last winter. This winter it's an El Nino year; so I've got tulips and crocuses coming up in my yard and my pansies have started blooming. I'll try to post some pictures.

The downside is that the snow pack in the mountains is very low. As a result we could have a very dry summer, with even worse forest fires. Remember that when you're cursing the snow you have to shovel :wink:
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pictures of our snow fall, but I did manage to get out last night and burn over 300 cals shoveling for 45 minutes. we have a three car garage and a driveway that can hold four cars across, so a huge drive way! I made it all the way down to about 2 feet from the street (where the plows make it almost impossible to shovel and the snow blower really needs to be brought out.

Have fun with yours and happy shoveling!
  • Wolfena
    Options
    I am resting after my first hour.... between me and my boyfriend we got about half done so far!

350 calories gone - more later! :bigsmile:
  • Wolfena
    Options
    2nd hour.... burned 455 calories this time - and we are STILL NOT DONE!!!

:laugh:

(yea yea, I know.... I'm talkin' to myself) :smokin: