Sleep

Options
I'm just curious to know how much sleep people are getting... ?

Replies

• houseofcorbin
    Options
    Really depends, i have heard that you need to get 6-8 hours to be able to lose the most weight (stress=bad). i get anywhere between 4-6 hours most nights. I should probably get more but work kids ect.
  • AnneU93
    AnneU93 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I try to sleep as much as I can. The moment I feel a bit tired I take a nap -I only get up when I wake up myself. I only have a few days a week that I have to get up before the time that I usually wake up myself. I always wake up at the same time +/- 7 minutes. But taking naps whenever I feel a bit tired is something I just started recently since I had trouble falling asleep at night ever since I started doing Turbofire.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Not enough. I usually get around 6-7 hours. I'd be much happier w/8-10. I am ALWAYS so very tired.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i get between 6-8 hrs a night..........
  • KamalBhai
    KamalBhai Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Minimum 7 hours compulsorily and maximum of 8 hours. :)

If I sleep less then 7 hours any day then I feel restless the next day. :
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I try to sleep 7-8 hours a night, but with work + university I am glad when I gen 6-6 and a holf hours a sleep during week days and 8 hours in weekends.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Between 8 and 9 hours.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i used to be able to sleep 10 hours at a time but now since getting healthy and exercising i find that i only need 7.. i cant sleep more after ive had 7 hours
  • jellybeansmamma
    jellybeansmamma Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    6 or 7 (interupted) hours usually. Not enough and I am tired all the time, but I have kids, So no choice.
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    During the winter, I need a solid 9-10 hours but due to bouts of insomnia, I'm lucky if I get half that.
  • Sharbear6936
    Options
    I work the overnight shift so I don't get enough. I sleep about 2 1/2 to 3 hours in the morning and then I get another 1 1/2 hours before I go to work. Weekends are much better, I get 5-6 a night. I know these hours make it difficult to exercise and sometimes I am literally too tired to cook any decent meals.
  • ronwmiller
    Options
    It's not always the amount, but the quality of the sleep that you get. As we get older we usually don't need as much as we did when younger.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I don't sleep well/right -- I can sleep anywhere from 3-4 hours up to 13 hours, depending on whats going on. And am always tired because of the fact I don't have a good sleeping schedule. :ohwell:
  • swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Really depends on the night. This weekend I've been leaving the alarm off, and getting ~7-8 hours, so that must be somewhere around what I need (complicated by the fact that I wake up as soon as it's sunny out). I usually try to be in bed around 11 (for sure by midnight), and get up around 7.
  • Keltinator
    Options
    I have no sleep schedule... sometimes I pull all-nighters (typical of student life), and the next day I'll sleep for 17 hours straight. On the off-chance I do get a regular night's sleep, I find my body wakes up naturally after around 9 or 10 hours.
  • ak_honda
    ak_honda Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    as long as I'm not needing to take anything to help me get to sleep (i fall into cycles of insomnia, especially up here in AK and we are in our dark months with not as much light), then i'll wake up naturally refreshed after about 7-8 hours (I almost always sleep very sound and deeply, often dreaming).

I also find that if I do at least 10 minutes of relaxing yoga, mostly involving breathing techniques, it helps to calm me down and get to sleep faster and sleep better. If I don't do yoga for a while at night, I start having more insomnia issues.