The pouch under the belly button

Options
:) so i have working out for about a week now, but i noticed that the pouch under my belly button is so large compared to the rest of my body. Is their anyway to make that disappear?

Replies

• meganwojo
    meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I had a baby 9 months ago, and I have the same issue. Pilates seems to be helping out a lot. because a lot of the pilates moves targets the lower abdomen. Ive been doing doing the exercises for about a month now everyday, and I notice an extreme difference! Hope it helps! :flowerforyou:
  • dclarsh1
    Options
    You've got to burn the fat off with cardio and tighten up the muscles with some kind of strength training. One without the other will only take you so far. Running is great for burning ab fat, but just about any cardio will do. If you do a core routine on your own to strengthen, make sure you expand your routine beyond just crunches and spend time on your obliques and lower back too.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    you've prpbably heard this a thousand times, but crunches will not help to make your mid-section smaller. there are so many muscles that make up our core, so when you're working strength, do as much of a variety of moves as you can.

make sure that you are blancing out your core strength exercises with cardio. cardio will shrink your middle pretty much immediately. most people with flat bellies swear by cardio work-outs.

also, there is research that some foods may help to prevent building fat around the stomach area. however, i do not know how accurate this is. some of those foods include, blueberries, almonds, and green tea.

i have learned all this stuff by reading various articles and such. i read about it all the time because i have the same problem you do! i have a very healthy body fat percentage (around 19% i think?) but my stomach STILL is not flat. i'm pretty sure that whole 19% percent is chillin' there right under my belly button.:laugh: some people are just built that way, and i've come to accept the fact that that's the situtation for me.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    No certain cardio will target certain areas for fat burning. Your body decides which areas it's going to get fat from to burn and there isn't much you can do about it. The more fat you lose overall, the smaller you rbelly will get eventually.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    the kangaroo pouch :) I had a C- section and its even worse. Besides suction I would love an idea or 2 as well
  • polyesterchesters
    polyesterchesters Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    mine looks like one of those wrinkle dogs. I told my husband I need a tummy tuck. He said I can either get the braces or the tuck. I will be opting for a one piece this year :happy:
  • eczx3
    eczx3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    haha well thank you to everyone :)
    i will try the cardio 3-5 times a week with strength in there too, and ill try the blueberries and thing

:)
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew
    I had 2 kids 18 mnth apart (they are now almost 5 and 6) and I can't get rid of that darn pouch no matter what
    Tried intense cardio, yoga, weights, low carb... I think because I was out of shape most of my life and before having kids and I am naturally apple shaped...It's only going to get so good..I'll never have a completely flat tummy