Exactly how much is too much?

Options
Calories in a day that is.

I think my mind is warped on what is acceptable lol

Also, I'm still fairly new to this, so friend me (:
Daily logins, moivation, updates, all that jazz.
First time I tried MFP I stayed a hermit,
So this time I want to be more involved :)

Replies

• WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay within the calories allotted for your height and weight that MFP sets, you're fine. Feel free to add :)
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    How much differs a lot from person to person.

3000-4000 calories are not too much for a professional swimmer, 6 feet tall (or more), on the day he swims 10 kilometers. Or for a athlete doing a 6-8 hour triathlon or other challenging competitions. I can't find the source know, but I saw an article about proffesional swimmers needing up to 5000 calories in some days.

2000 calories are too much for a sedentary woman, 5'2''.

And this may sum up very well for most MFP related stuff. It all depends. On you, your lifestyle, your body.
  • TheSupermanda
    Options
    It definitely varies. I let my fitness pal tell me how many calories I should eat based on my stats and goals and I ended up changing that around a bit anyway. Currently, I'm eating a little less than 1500 calories every day which means I should lose around a pound and a half a week. I know a lot of people eat 1200 a day and might think 1500 is too much but it works for me and if I ever decide to lower it I will. You just have to do what works for you.

Feel free to add me, by the way.