Noodle Lovers Unite!

Options
I found the best low-cal alternative to noodles: Tofu Shirataki. Has anyone else tried them and agree? They're only 20 cals a serving, which means I'll usually eat two servings, which means I'm usually super full. And I get my noodle fix. I thought I'd share.

http://www.house-foods.com/Tofu/tofu_shirataki.aspx

Replies

• flbeachbuddy
    flbeachbuddy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi, I think I saw another post about this - if it is the same thing, many complained about the smell. Do you have to rinse them?

I've been thinking about that, lately it is very easy for me to go over, and that would help. I need a little encouragement on the scale, I lost real fast then put a few pounds back on.

I ordered some products from Walden Farms - supposed to be calorie free, like Mayo. I got it yesterday and tried some on my finger, tasted like vinegar. A friend recommended the chocolate dip, we'll see how that is.
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to find them, my local grocery store is not to adventerous,
    I do have one other option I can try but need to travel a small distance to find them.
    Hungry Girl uses them and reccommends them in alot of her "pasta" type meals.
    I have been hesitant because I wasn't sure what the mouth feel would be.
    So you really think they feel / taste like a pasta? or noodle? not slimy or weird ?
    I will continue to look for them if you think they can pass.
    Thanks for the thumbs up!
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    just found them at whole foods!!! i am going to try either hungry girl's cold sesame noodles or hungry girl's alfredo (which i have had with normal noodles and is DELISHHHH)

if you like the noodles i highly recommend getting her recipe books, they have SO many recipes for them and they are all super low-cal and awesome!!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I just tried them for the first time tonight. They're good, but have an odd texture I'm not quite sure how to describe. My three year old the noodle lover ate them right up though!