What's your secret for being successful?

Options
I was wondering if you have a "system" when approaching your weight loss program. Maybe something that is working for you that you may want to share with the class.

I'm asking because I've been trying to drink my minimum of 64 ounces of water before dinner and it really seems to be helping me lose steadily. I actually started this because I would bring bottled water to my office and pace myself to drink 2 16 oz. bottles before lunch and 2 before I leave at 5. Then any water I drink at home is a bonus! I'm not quite so vigilant about drinking water when I'm at home and always have just one more thing to do before I break for a glass of water.

Replies

• SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Yes, I drink lots of water a day, between 1.5 - 2 gallons. I never eat chemically modified foods that are reduced fat or margarine... these are just laden with chemicals that can cause cancers later in life. I don't diet, I just eat things in moderation and exercise. The one thing that really has helped me is to keep changing the times of day I exercise and what I do for exercise. Don't let your body become used to a routine, at some point it will become used to this and the weight loss will slow down - but everyone is different :)

Exercise regularly - like 5 to 7 days a week, eat natural foods-just in moderation, count your calories, watch out for hidden sugars and fats and drink lots and lots of water! You'll find your niche and it will melt away in front of your eyes! :flowerforyou:
  • ciendras
    Options
    I focus on how good I feel after cardio exercise, and how clear and untroubled my mind is. Also, I fit into my old clothes - bonus. The avoidance of sugar also stabilizes my hunger and gives me more control. If you already have a sugar crash its really hard not to feed a sugar crash with more sugar.... Then, of course, myfitnesspal allows my to fiddle with numbers and count calories, a sort of occupational obsession that un-focuses from hunger.
    I did get kick started with a 10 day Atkins diet, that was really, really hard. No carbs whatsoever. Every muscle in my body was screaming at me, and all I could do is sit there and drink tension tamer tea, eat meat, eggs, nuts, and cheese. But - I lost over 8 pounds in one week, so it worked. Regular sugar-free dieting and exercise seemed like a breeze after that.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    for me it depends on alcohol

eating right is easy to me but alcohol can be an issue

When I drink, its extra calories>bad decisions on food>hungover=no exercise next day and having bad food munchies...

If I can drink one night a week and not have it a blackout night then I am golden for the week.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Yes, I drink lots of water a day, between 1.5 - 2 gallons. I never eat chemically modified foods that are reduced fat or margarine... these are just laden with chemicals that can cause cancers later in life. I don't diet, I just eat things in moderation and exercise. The one thing that really has helped me is to keep changing the times of day I exercise and what I do for exercise. Don't let your body become used to a routine, at some point it will become used to this and the weight loss will slow down - but everyone is different :)

Exercise regularly - like 5 to 7 days a week, eat natural foods-just in moderation, count your calories, watch out for hidden sugars and fats and drink lots and lots of water! You'll find your niche and it will melt away in front of your eyes! :flowerforyou: