Losing weigh to get pregnant!

Options
Hey guys! Just looking for other people I can add as friends who are in the same boat as I'm in. I don't have any health related issues regarding my weight as far as I know I can get pregnant but I want to be a much healthier weight before I try to concieve. I mean I'm 26, been with my Husband for 5 years married for 2 and we are so ready! As heavy as I am though, it's just not an option. Anyone else out there on the same page as I am?! Would love the support and motivation! (=

Replies

• mommyweighless
    mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am! Only 18 pounds until a healthy BMI and we can ttc. 28 until my personal goal though. Feel free to friend me!
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's me. Hubby and I have been trying for FIVE years. I don't ovulate. I've tried two different kinds of medicines. Neither made me ovulate. I am convinced it's because of all the extra weight. Hopefully, if I lose some, I can get pregnant. I am 35 though,and the clock is ticking....like a bomb. Feel free to add me!
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Been ttc for a couple of years, I really feel its because of the weight, feel free to add me!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You're going to have an easier pregnancy and your child has a greater chance for a healthy adult life if you lose the weight now before getting pregnant :)
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I ovulate or not. Is that something my OBGYN can easily detect?!
  • _whatsherface
    Options
    Good for you! You're going to have an easier pregnancy and your child has a greater chance for a healthy adult life if you lose the weight now before getting pregnant :)

Thank darlin =D I've got a ways to go!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I ovulate or not. Is that something my OBGYN can easily detect?!

That they do@OBGYN.

A friend of mine was struggling with her fertility, following her arranged marriage, having tried for 4 years. I sent her an http://www.ovwatch.com/ years ago now, and they'd conceived their son soon after.

The accessible at home technology has only much improved since@monitoring ovulation.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

yes and no. Yes they can check your ovaries/uterus and BASIC hormones BUT they do not specialize in reproduction. They specialize in BABIES. You would want a Reproductive Endocrinologist who specializes in reproduction (and you can go even if youre on the medical card but it may be hard to get one mattering on how they bill it). A RE can look more into things and has a better understanding. Some insurances/OBs wont send you to an RE unless youve been trying 1yr but again its a matter of billing and finding a good dr.

My OB MISSED Endo and PCOS from 2006-2012 and on my first visit to an RE, he found it right away.

Im trying to lose weight to get pregnant because I have PCOS and losing weight can help
  • apanda4
    apanda4 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me, I am trying to lose weight to help with falling pregnant as well.

I have been with my husband for nearly 9 years, we have been married for 5 1/2 years and we have been trying for about 3-4 years to have a baby.

I have PCOS (which is another long and complicated story of my life). But apart from that I am perfectly healthy and the PCOS (so I have been told) is a symptom of my weight - not the cause of it. So basically I can't have kids because I am what people call obese - even though I do not feel like I am obese.

I also do not ovualte properly - so my period is very very very very irregular.

I am happy to have friends that are going through the same thing, because then I might have someone to talk to that would completely understand what I am going through.
  • mrsking218
    mrsking218 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    We've been trying for a while unsuccessfully and I'm convinced weight is playing a role. I know exactly how you feel! Feel free to friend me!
  • _whatsherface
    Options
    I have very normal periods. I haven't been diagnosed with anything like PCOS yet but I'm sure it could be a possiblity given how heavy I am.
  • the3rdwife
    the3rdwife Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I have a son, hes five years old. Since Lukas was 6 months I've been trying to get pregnant. I'm now 41 and fear it may be too late.
    However we did go to look at starting a course of IVF & was told in no uncertain terms that it was my weight preventing me from getting pregnant.
    They did all the tests possible and everything with me & my other half came back fine, there is no medical reason we cannot conceive.
    I'm 'only' about 24lbs over weight which I didn't think was much, but it looks like when your are ttc every ounce counts.............
    good luck ladies x
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I was at a healthy BMI before my husband and I TTC. Fertility meds packed on 30 lbs.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options

Yes. They also sell Ovulation kits OTC, or you can measure your basal body temperate.
  • Mango731
    Options
    Hello! Thank you for posting this. I'm in the same boat, I was diagnosed with PCOS but my OBGY told me that loosing this weight and getting to a healthy weight will help improve my fertility. She also prescribed Metformin to help with the weight loss and the fertility as well. I just started taking it though. M
  • mrsbraun88
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat....I have an agreement with my hubby that I have to lose 50 lbs before we TTC...I'm hoping for 6months!!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat doll, alot closer than I was almost a year ago.The dream of being a mom is what fires up my determination everytime I feel like giving up :) You are more than welcome to add me,Good luck cupcake!
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!! My husband and I have been married for going on 5 years.. two beautiful boys... but I gained big time and I'm looking to add a girl to the mix :flowerforyou: I know that ovulation is an issue but I would be lying if I said I didn't want to be a skinny pregnant chick too :wink:
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    I am at 272 and I really want to be to at least 200 before trying to get pregnant. I am in a similar boat so I know how you feel my dear!
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hello! Thank you for posting this. I'm in the same boat, I was diagnosed with PCOS but my OBGY told me that loosing this weight and getting to a healthy weight will help improve my fertility. She also prescribed Metformin to help with the weight loss and the fertility as well. I just started taking it though. M

Hey she was right!!
    I lost a ton of weight earlier and took metformin and had two kiddos.. now I'm back on it and trying to lose again lol