NSV! size chart gives favorable comparison

Options
Lately, the weight has been coming off ever so slowly, like in grams! I am working out and there is an academic knowledge of gains but I just cannot seem to ever see a difference in the mirror! So demoralizing!!
I needed a pick-me-up to get remotivated. Having failed to keep a pair of my old size 26 jeans from three years ago, I went to this chart to make myself see the difference.

http://www.womenssizechart.com/

I started out in a loose 26W or a tight 24W and now wear size 10 Levi's :) Although according to their estimated weights, at 178 pounds, I should still be in 18's!!

(I would post pictures but I am a bear of very little brain and cannot seem to get the picture posting thing right.)

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    interesting, it said i should be 5 lbs less for me. all measurement were pretty close..
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Very interesting, my measurements are EXACT for size 4 (which I am) but I weigh 123 at 5'4"! 115 is my goal though! Thanks for posting.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Interesting....I'm almost a hundred pounds over what it lists for my size. I'm kinda solid lol.
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    Yeah I am a small!!! That is super cool! I am at 131 as of this morning!
  • TigressPat
    Options
    Lately, the weight has been coming off ever so slowly, like in grams! I am working out and there is an academic knowledge of gains but I just cannot seem to ever see a difference in the mirror! So demoralizing!!
    I needed a pick-me-up to get remotivated. Having failed to keep a pair of my old size 26 jeans from three years ago, I went to this chart to make myself see the difference.

http://www.womenssizechart.com/

I started out in a loose 26W or a tight 24W and now wear size 10 Levi's :) Although according to their estimated weights, at 178 pounds, I should still be in 18's!!

(I would post pictures but I am a bear of very little brain and cannot seem to get the picture posting thing right.)

size charts are bs!
    and it also depends on your height.
    If you are 5'2 178 will look different than if you are 5'11"!
    I think most size charts are based on "average" height (maybe 5'4"-5'6" for women)?

either way, you did great! flaunt it!
  • TigressPat
    Options
    also depends on your body type/shape.

I always wear a much smaller size on the bottom than the top, no matter what my weight.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Darn close for me on the top half. Bottom half.....Not so much lol. All I can say is I remember the size 28 jean very well. Heck, I even see them at times. I gave them to my cousin. Lordie but I love my 10's!!!!
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 138 and according to my measurements I should be between 123-128 lbs. Guess I'm dense...in a good way!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your shape b/c I wear a real size 2; my hips are 35 1/2 inches, my waist is 25 inches (since I'm short waisted I wear only low rise so the 1/2 inch they show for a 2 doesn't make a difference) and I weigh 119 (I'm 5'2"); by their weight standards I should be wearing between a 4 and a 6...so while it might work for some....it's not really "universal". And I'm glad my boobs are bigger than what my "weight" size on there shows LOL! I don't usually wear an X-Small but I my small running pants have been falling down.... ??

And great job on your success!!!

If you want to post a picture; upload them to photobucket, then copy the bbcode link but you have to change the and to [ img] and [ /img[ b/c it has to be lower case.

Good luck!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Interesting....I'm almost a hundred pounds over what it lists for my size. I'm kinda solid lol.

Makes ya feel pretty good, doesn't it? LOL
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    This size chart says to wear a 4/6 I should be 125lbs. Measurements are close for a 6...but I'm 147 and 5'11. Don't go by size charts. They are too "standardized" for women.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!