Runners!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm a fairly new runner, going on about three months now. I LOVE it, and just ran my first race, the Turkey Trot! My friend, a marathoner, has encouraged me to start training for a half marathon! I wasn't sure I could do it, but she's positive I can, so I'm going for it. Why? Because I never thought I could run one mile, and now I can run four, so I believe it's possible to do anything you want if you want it bad enough and work hard enough. I believe in dreaming big!

So the race is at the end of April. I currently run 3 days a week and hit the gym 2 days a week but I need to up the running soon. I only run outdoors but I live in NY where it gets cold and snowy so I need all the encouragement I can get as we head into the winter months! I'm looking for runner friends for some support and motivation. Or if you have any tips or advice to leave me, that would be great too!

Thanks, everyone! :) Hope to hear from some of you!

Replies

• erin4609
    erin4609 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yay! You totally have this 1/2 marathon. I became a runner in high school and have been one ever since. It makes you feel so good and it's one of the most convenient exercises. You just put your shoes on and go! It's such a fun way to explore.

When I lived in the snow I bought Yak Traks for snowy days. Have you heard of those? They were really useful!

Good luck and keep it up!