Recommend an HRM!

Options
Do you have a specific HRM that works great for you? I'd love a recommendation! :)

Replies

• jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I just got my Polar FT4 on Wednesday! I've used it once, and I am planning to use it again today. It wa easy to use, and I really enjoyed it. It was $60 at Amazon.

I kind of wish I had gotten a model that also does the distance traveled. That would have been a nice feature! The FT4 just does heart rate, duration, and calories burned.

Good luck!
  • HisEminence
    Options
    There are many out there. I use and recommend the Polar brand, because I have used it for years. I suggest you go to Best Buy and go to the section where they feature heart monitors and check them out.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Timex digital despite cheaper price has optional audio zone alarms both upper and lower if you are trying to vary your workouts between easy and hard, interval and count down timer for doing short bursts, and a Heart Rate Recovery at end of workout to see how far your HR drops in 1 or 2 minutes, to compare fitness improving. Had little interference problems in crowded Spin room with other HR monitors, nor the electrical interference problem they had in there.

Con - being digital the HR could not be picked up by the machines for display there.
    They do have an analog only version which would have been picked up, but it also would have had problems in the Spin room.
    They also have a more expensive dual-version to handle both cases.

Display was also nice to see HR and workout time together, and if no audible alarms used, arrows to indicate below, in, or above desired workout HR zone.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Higly recommend anything by Polar. Just have to decide your price range and how many bells and whistles you want.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Highy recommend Garmin. Had a polar for 5yrs and am soooo much happier with my garmin. The Garmin FR70 is perfect for basic needs but they also have GPS watches if you run, walk, or do any kind of outdoor working out. You can also track you workouts online with their free website and have the option to use a virtual training partner. Huge fan of the Garmin 410. Looked at alot of their products before deciding. I was terrified of going away from Polar. So glad I did though! I hear Suunto makes some really good ones too.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Polar ft4 is great, accurate, easy to use and waterproof too so love using it for swimming and aqua fit classes x
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 have had mine for a year and I love it.
  • justaskforbrandy
    justaskforbrandy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I want a polar, with all the bells and whistles... you know, GPS and HRM and stuff. But, that will have to be a reward for "marathon training" or something else super cool, further down my fitness journey. In the meantime, I just picked up a lady's Ironman Road Trainer yesterday. They have it on amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Timex-Ironman-Trainer-Monitor-Silver/dp/B001GWUE02/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1353801490&sr=8-12&keywords=Timex+data+recorder

I've used it twice so far. So far so good. The best part for me is the purple watch. LOL. Love the color, and it fits well.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4 - I've had it for over a year, works great and I'm happy with it.

In researching HRMs before buying, I narrowed my choices down to either the New Balance or a Polar. I would have taken either one, but I bought mine on eBay, and had both models on my watchlist, but the New Balance came up first. Got a great deal on a brand new HRM!