Setback

Options
I started myfitness pal in Feb 2009 at 157 pounds. I got to 147 pounds by the summer time with a combination of spinning/running and diet control via the website. But after my wife delivering her baby, we stopped eating healthy getting enough sleep and exercised. Back up to a personal max of 165 pounds. What a set-back :(

Replies

• chubbyhousewife
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up too much, a new baby takes some work!!

You know it has worked before so when you are ready you have all the tools there to begin again.

In the meantime why don't you put some healhy snacks in the fridge that you can grab when you feel tired or can't be bothered to cook a meal.

Just believe in yourself x
  • amymukes
    amymukes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Get back into the weightloss routine. Set backs will always happen. Keep at it!
  • teri00
    teri00 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Set backs happen all the time, to all of us. Just keep trying and you will succeed.
  • rosalie_g
    Options
    Congrats on the new baby! Don't beat yourself up about this "setback" New babies take a lot of adjustment and unfortunately it's real easy to fall into old habits and gain back weight. Just take it one day at a time. Try keeping fruit and healthy snacks in the house. Stuff that's easy to grab in a hurry. As your baby gets older it'll be easier for you all to find some kind of routine. I never gained much weight throughout my pregnancies but after the baby well, that's when I ballooned. The sleepless nights and lack of consistancy in my schedule because of the new baby would always push me into horrendous eating habits. Just think though, now there is more of a reason for you to clean up your eating habits and lose the weight. You have a baby that you have to live a long, healthy life for and you don't want to pass along bad eating habits. Good luck!